Scholarly Kitchen Article No Mention of Dataverse

Sherry Lake

Oct 2, 2019, 9:34:04 AM10/2/19
to Dataverse Users Community
Interesting article on "Research Data Sharing Business Landscape" from Scholarly Kitchen. NO mention of Dataverse!

Looks like the angle is on cost models, but that's what makes Dataverse so wonderful - cost-less model and a real Community.

Maybe some "official" comments from Dataverse/IQSS to Ithaka S+R about what was left out of the conversation?

--
Sherry

Danny Brooke

Oct 2, 2019, 2:25:55 PM10/2/19
to Dataverse Users Community
Thanks Sherry for sharing. I'm happy to see that Philipp responded in the comment section and provided some examples of different Dataverse installations and mentioned the Dataverse community. :) Thanks Philipp!

Philipp at UiT

Oct 3, 2019, 7:37:41 AM10/3/19
to Dataverse Users Community
I may also mention that we have got an invitation to answer a survey aiming at exploring the impact of research data sharing and the barriers to track and expose metrics via repositories. The survey is part of a PhD project by Nushrat Khan, Statistical Cybermetrics Research Group, University of Wolverhampton, Research Data Librarian, Library, University of Bath, Email-address: n.j....@wlv.ac.uk/ n.j....@bath.ac.uk.

One of the questions was "Which technical framework do you use for your repository?" The drop-down menu listed several alternatives including DSpace and Eprints, but not Dataverse. So we had to choose Other and specify Dataverse. I commented that we were somewhat puzzled that Dataverse is not listed. DSpace and Eprints are NOT designed for archiving research DATA, but so is Dataverse.

Philipp