Dataverse 4.9.3 release date

Vyacheslav Tikhonov

Sep 19, 2018, 9:26:44 AM9/19/18
to Dataverse Users Community
Hi,

We just had DataverseEU teleconference and there is a question about multilingual support in the upcoming Dataverse release. Do you have a date (at least week) of release already?

Our partners see the problem with new properties in Bundle.properties file, we would like to keep all translations up-to-date and synchronized with latest release, but we have to plan our activity as it's difficult to manage now.

Best,
Slava

danny...@g.harvard.edu

Sep 19, 2018, 9:47:33 PM9/19/18
to Dataverse Users Community
Hi Slava,

We're planning on releasing next week. I'm eager to get this release out, as it contains the optional file ID configuration which I know is blocking several Dataverse installations from upgrading. I don't expect internationalization will be full baked and useable in this release, but anything that's been merged so far (such as the language toggle) will be included. We'll keep merging in the good work the Scholar's Portal team has been contributing and will release the rest of the pieces as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Danny

Vyacheslav Tikhonov

Sep 20, 2018, 1:43:17 AM9/20/18
to Dataverse Users Community
Hi Danny,

Thanks, that's great news! We're thinking about the development of some tool that can help community to synchronize all translations to keep bundle properties up-to-date.
We already started this discussion in the internalization topic but is it possible at least to publish differences in properties between previous and new version for all new releases?

Best,
Slava

Philip Durbin

Sep 20, 2018, 7:50:13 AM9/20/18
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Hmm, maybe someone could write a script to do a "sort" and then "diff" between the keys in Bundle.properties between releases. So translators would know which keys were added or removed. Of course, this wouldn't report on changes made to the value of a key, to improve the wording or add or remove dynamic elements (i.e. {0}, {1}, etc.). So maybe the values should be "diffed" as well? I don't know. I haven't had any coffee yet. :)

Phil

o.be...@fz-juelich.de

Oct 2, 2018, 10:12:53 AM10/2/18
to Dataverse Users Community
I don't know if the other mailing list is already dusted off, so posting it here...

Maybe some tooling like http://zanata.org/ could come in handy? No experiences yet, but stumbled over it a while ago.

Philipp at UiT

Oct 6, 2018, 8:18:34 AM10/6/18
to Dataverse Users Community
Good idea, but I suggest we discuss translation matters in the translation group; see my post over there.

Best,
Philipp