Can't publish dataset

wareg

Jun 28, 2021, 4:18:42 AM6/28/21
to Dataverse Users Community

Dear all,

We have already and enjoyed installed DV. Till there every thing looks like ok.
We have got our datacite test prefix for DOI test.
There is no problem creating and publishing dataverses or sub dataverse.
But, if we create a dataset and upload a file, the process goes well. Then, when we click to get into the new dataset, INTERNAL ERROR 500.
When I take a look to the [attached] log, it's seems to me there is something wrong with the SolR. As I'm not expert on it, the problem might come from other where.
It would be great if someone could help us.
Thank you in advance,

Wareg,

server.log

James Myers

Jun 28, 2021, 10:47:30 AM6/28/21
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com

Wareg,

With a quick look, I’d agree that it looks like a solr issue, specifically that the schema.xml hasn’t been updated to match what Dataverse requires. The isThisVersionSearchable() call seems to fail because the entity_id field is coming back as an array rather than a long (or string that can be turned into a long). There are also errors related to the fileTags field not existing.

I’d suggests running back through the solr setup (make sure you change the schema.xml and solrconfig.xml files and that you restart the service and reindex) and see if that resolves things.

-- Jim

wareg

Jul 1, 2021, 10:46:23 AM7/1/21
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Jim,
Thank you for answering my question,
I tried to look carefully before answering you.
To be honest, I don't completely understand. I did not modify these two files, so I don't know what to change exactly.
Do you think I should reinstall Solr ?
Best,
wareg

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Dataverse Users Community" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/dataverse-community/MN2PR07MB734382128ED918DA22EA7FD7BF039%40MN2PR07MB7343.namprd07.prod.outlook.com.

James Myers

Jul 1, 2021, 11:08:23 AM7/1/21
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com

Wareg,

My guess was just that you’ve missed some step in the solr setup as described in https://guides.dataverse.org/en/latest/installation/prerequisites.html#installing-solr. Specifically, there’s a step where you copy the schema.xml and solrconfig.xml files that come from Dataverse into the solr config directory. I think you could reinstall solr completely, but just doing that step and restarting solr may be enough. (Once the problem is resolved, reindexing would be a useful step as well.)

Gerard Wade

Jul 12, 2021, 1:55:07 AM7/12/21
to Dataverse Users Community
Thank  you Jim,