Limit the number of files in a dataset

Philipp at UiT

Jun 20, 2022, 8:51:34 AMJun 20
to Dataverse Users Community
We've had some trouble with publishing datasets with many files, e.g. more than ~300, probably due to file DOI activation capacity limits.

Is there a way to limit the number of files that can be uploaded to a dataset?
I know that using :ZipUploadFilesLimit allows you to limit the number of files that Dataverse accepts as part of a zip file, but is there a more general configuration option to limit the total number of files that can be uploaded to a dataset?

Best, Philipp

Philip Durbin

Jun 23, 2022, 12:19:47 PMJun 23
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
No, I don't believe there's a way to limit the number of files in a dataset. Please feel free to open an issue about this.