Can't Publish Dataset with EZID

Sherry Lake

Oct 18, 2017, 4:46:57 PM10/18/17
to Dataverse Users Community

Running 4.7.1:

Got the following error trying to publish a dataset (using EZID - I don't think our credentials were modified?):
 Error – This dataset may not be published because the EZID Service is currently inaccessible. Please try again. Does the issue continue to persist? If you believe this is an error, please contact Libra Data Support for assistance.

This is the 1st case of trying to publish since upgrading to 4.7.1. Dataset was created today, but does not show up on EZID dashboard as "reserved", or on the dashboard at all.

Also three other datasets, created at version 4.6 back in July (and had EZID DOIs reserved), were published today - no errors, but their DOI status in EZID still says "reserved" and the DOIs do not resolve.

Is there a log or someplace we should look for EZID errors? I don't think it is an EZID connection, as another one of our services was able to reserve a DOI and DOI status' changed when published.

Thanks for any help.

Sherry Lake

Philip Durbin

Oct 18, 2017, 6:04:12 PM10/18/17
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for all the detail. Anything interesting in /usr/local/glassfish4/glas​sfish/domains/domain1/logs/server.log? That's the file we recommend starting with at http://guides.dataverse.org/en/4.7.1/admin/troubleshooting.html

Rebeca Barros

Oct 19, 2017, 1:24:23 PM10/19/17
to Dataverse Users Community

Hi Sherry,

I've faced this error a while ago. First I would recommend to check if you can access the ezid url normally from your Dataverse server.

Try:

curl https://ezid.cdlib.org

If you can access but still got the same error message, check your jvm options with this command:

/usr/local/glassfish4/glassfish/bin/asadmin list-jvm-options

 to see if the dataverse.siteUrl option is set. If not, add this in your domain.xml file:

<jvm-options>-Ddataverse.siteUrl=http://localhost:8080/</jvm-options>.

change localhost to your valid domain name if you have one, restart Glassfish and give it a try.

Sherry Lake

Oct 19, 2017, 1:52:19 PM10/19/17
to Dataverse Users Community
Thanks for all the advice.

We are back up and connecting with EZID. Problem was our domain.xml file had been overwritten (since our last upgrade). If Phil & Danny remembers our sysadmin deleted the wrong directory during the upgrade and we had to restore files. Unfortunately the domain.xml file had the test EZID account info.

We are up and running now!
--
Sherry

Philip Durbin

Oct 19, 2017, 2:27:30 PM10/19/17
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
That makes perfect sense. Thanks for letting know you're all set, Sherry! Game on.

Thanks also to Rebeca for jumping in.

Phil