easyTranlationHelper

j-n-c

Jun 28, 2022, 7:31:56 AM6/28/22
to Dataverse Users Community

Hi!

At University of Aveiro, we have translated Dataverse v5.10 to Portuguese (Portugal).

In the process of doing so, we found that there would be a gigantic amount of work for performing the translation from scratch, so we developed a script tool that could automate work as much as possible.

This tool, taking at least one base file, based on which comparisons are made (e.g. en_US v5.10 Bundle.properties), and an aux file (e.g. pt_PT v.5.5 Bundle_pt.properties) as input parameters (currently) has the features depicted below:

  • Get different keys: Get keys from base file that do not exist in aux file
  • Full parsing: Generate a new file, where key's values in base file are the updated with corresponding values from aux file (if key exists in aux file). If key does not exist in aux file, entry is added as is in base file. This is the default behaviour
  • Parse starting from key: Similar to full parsing feature, but entry processing is done starting on the line where the provided key (if present) is found
  • Parse starting from line: Similar to full parsing feature, but entry processing is done starting on the provided line (if valid)
  • Export results into custom output file
  • Select file encoding: Select base and aux file file enconding (output file's encoding is set to 'UTF-8')
  • Select key/value separators: Select base, aux and output file key/value separator.
    • Base file separator defaults to '='
    • Aux file separator defaults to '='
    • Output file separator defaults to base file separator

Please feel free to use the tool and if possible provide us with feedback on how we can improve it or submit your own changes.

Regards,

José Carvalho

Philip Durbin

Jul 13, 2022, 2:27:30 PM7/13/22
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Hi José,

This tool sounds great! If you posted a link, I missed it. https://github.com/universidadeaveiro/easyTranslationHelper seems to be the right one based on your pull request to add it to the guides ( https://github.com/IQSS/dataverse/pull/8819 ).

Thanks!

Phil