Duplicate dataset from a Dataverse to a demo version

Tutasi

Jul 13, 2022, 7:34:34 AM7/13/22
to Dataverse Users Community
Hello,

I am learning how to use Pydataverse and I want to duplicate a dataset, for example from Harvard Dataverse, to a demo version that my organisation have. This, in order to make changes to this dataset, with metadatas and all the same. I don't know how to do it.

Thank you very much.

Philip Durbin

Jul 13, 2022, 4:06:17 PM7/13/22
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
I've never done this with pyDataverse, but from a quick look at the docs I think it should be possible.

Using curl and the Native API, the steps are similar. Download/export the dataset as the "native" JSON format. Upload that JSON to create it on your server.

More steps will be required, of course, if you also want the files.

I hope this helps!

Phil

p.s. I would feel remiss if I didn't also mention that we have a collection of sample data but it needs to be updated to work with the recent license changes: https://github.com/IQSS/dataverse-sample-data/issues/30