Draft Version URL Problem in "My Data"

Sherry Lake

Mar 28, 2016, 12:33:29 PM3/28/16
to Dataverse Users Community

This was discovered on our UVa Dataverse V4.3, and I replicated the error on dataverse-demo. Results below.

The draft version of a previously published dataset has an incorrect URL (or better said, it does not have the "Draft" version of the URL) when displayed in "My Data".

From this search, when "shlake" is logged on, I see:

https://dataverse-demo.iq.harvard.edu/dataverse/harvard?q=&fq0=authorName_ss%3A%22Lake%2C+Sherry%22&types=dataverses%3Adatasets&sort=dateSort&order=desc

Link to the 1st one above (Draft) in this list goes to (which is what I expected):

https://dataverse-demo.iq.harvard.edu/dataset.xhtml?persistentId=doi:10.5072/FK2/NSLLSQ&version=DRAFT

BUT if I go to “My Data” (image below) the link for both versions (Draft & published) go to the same (URL) which is not the Draft URL.

https://dataverse-demo.iq.harvard.edu/dataset.xhtml?persistentId=doi:10.5072/FK2/NSLLSQ

I can add a github issue, if you want.

--
Sherry Lake

Auto Generated Inline Image 1

Philip Durbin

Mar 28, 2016, 12:39:50 PM3/28/16
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
This sure sounds like a bug... probably in MyData (that it should add "version=DRAFT" to the URL)... yes, if you could please open a GitHub issue and include these screenshots we'd appreciate it!

Philip Durbin

Mar 28, 2016, 6:06:54 PM3/28/16
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com