Seeking dataverse R client new maintainer

Shiro Kuriwaki

Jun 13, 2024, 12:20:21 PMJun 13
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com, Philip Durbin
Dear all,

I am looking for someone to take over the role of the maintainer of the dataverse R client package,
https://github.com/IQSS/dataverse-client-r

The maintainer is responsible for responding to requests from CRAN so the package stays on CRAN, reviewing PRs, and improving the package's functionality to whatever extent possible. I have been the maintainer for 3 years, after Thomas Leeper and Will Beasley.

I think the package has been useful for R users, and there is more room for it to grow. Recent new functionality has focused on downloading existing datasets into R. Moving forward, it would be great if we could improve the experience of bulk uploading to Dataverse. That functionality exists now, but it has not caught up with recent developments in pyDataverse and new Dataverse versions. For more on this, please see the recent open issues. I'd be happy to do a hand-off meeting.

If you are interested, please express your interest at https://github.com/IQSS/dataverse-client-r/issues/21 or email me at shirok...@gmail.com. We would appreciate hearing from you by the end of July 2024.

Best,
Shiro

Shiro Kuriwaki, Ph.D.
www.shirokuriwaki.com