Import datasets from Zenodo

Laia Garcia

Oct 5, 2021, 9:38:19 AM10/5/21
to Dataverse Users Community
Hi Dataverse users,

I would like to export datasets from Zenodo to Dataverse. Is it possible and easy?

Thanks for help!

Laia

Philip Durbin

Oct 5, 2021, 2:12:14 PM10/5/21
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Hopefully someone can chime in with real world experience but I do know that in recent memory (Dataverse 5.1) a fix went in to allow Zenodo records to be harvested into Dataverse: https://github.com/IQSS/dataverse/issues/5050

So you could try that, adding a harvesting client for your Zenodo datasets, if you have superuser on your installation of Dataverse: https://guides.dataverse.org/en/5.6/admin/harvestclients.html

Alternatively, there are APIs for importing datasets into Dataverse but your choices are Dataverse's native JSON format, SWORD (dcterms), DDI, and a new experimental JSON-LD format. You'd need to be able to export the Zenodo dataset in one of these formats (or transform the data into one of these formats).

I hope this helps. Please keep the questions coming! It would be nice to make this possible and easy!

Phil