[hackathon] machine-actionable Data Management Plans DMPs and Dataverse integration

Tomasz Miksa

May 19, 2020, 10:58:40 AM5/19/20
to Dataverse Users Community

Hi everyone,

I'm writing to let you know that we're organizing a hackathon in which we're trying out different integrations using maDMPs.

The goal is to build integrations and test the common standard for maDMPs that is an official output of the RDA DMP Common Standards WG

Participants of the hackathon will decide which topics to work on, but the primary goals of the hackathon are:

  • Integration of DMP tools, e.g. exchanging maDMPs between DMP tools
  • Integration of DMP tools with repositories, e.g. automation of submission of data
  • Other integrations, e.g. exchange of maDMPs between other services, such as, funder systems, CRIS, etc.
  • Development of maDMP examples, e.g. to be later used for testing
  • Mapping of maDMPs to funder templates, e.g. Science Europe, NSF, etc.

The hackathon will take place on 27-28 May 2020.

It would be cool to have a team that would work on connecting maDMPs with Dataverse. We already have teams working on similar topics.

Here you can find an example of a Dataverse - maDMP integration:

https://github.com/Hido1994/madmp

Here you can find details on the event, including teams that signed up so far:
https://github.com/RDA-DMP-Common/hackathon-2020

Best wishes,
Tomasz Miksa