DataTags for Dataverse sites in Europe

Philipp at UiT

Jan 3, 2018, 9:24:12 AM1/3/18
to Dataverse Users Community
I have some questions about DataTags:

1. Will the DataTags integration with Dataverse be an optional feature, meaning that it can be disabled, or will it have to be a part of all out-of-the-box installations, also the ones only dealing with open data?

2. Are there any plans in the Dataverse community to implement DataTags for Dataverse sites in Europe once it is integrated in Dataverse? As I recall from previous presentations of DataTags, the framework needs to be adapted to European as well as national legislation and regulations.

3. Will it be possible to implement this kind of adaption at local Dataverse sites by configuration, or will it be necessary to fork/change the code?

Best,
Philipp @DataverseNO

Michael Bar-sinai

Jan 4, 2018, 5:50:33 AM1/4/18
to Dataverse Users Community
Hello Phillipp,

There was an impressive work over at DANS where they created a DataTags interview for the GDPR. However, the materials are not finalized, and were not made publicly available. It might be useful to talk with them and see where this stands.

As for 3 - while not all detailed are finalized, no forks will be needed. We don't do that anymore :-)

-- Michael

Philipp at UiT

Jan 8, 2018, 11:47:59 AM1/8/18
to Dataverse Users Community
Thanks, Michael for this heads-up! I'll ask DANS for more info.
Philipp