Join next Dataverse metadata IG on November 10, 2pm UTC about license metadata

Julian Gautier

Oct 20, 2022, 1:19:21 PM10/20/22
to Dataverse Users Community
Hi everyone,

During today's Dataverse Metadata Interest Group meeting, we planned to meet again on November 10, 2pm UCT. By scheduling the next meeting three weeks away (and announcing the meeting here and in the Dataverse Community Slack channel), we're hoping more community members will be able to attend. See notes of today's meeting for more information about license metadata.

Information for joining the Zoom call for the Nov. 10 meeting is at the end of this email and in the calendar event on the Dataverse Community calendar.

We planned to use the meeting after the Nov. 10 meeting to  continue the discussion about sending additional metadata to DataCite.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Julian

Join Zoom meeting for Nov. 10 Dataverse Metadata IG:
https://harvard.zoom.us/j/96038332251?pwd=OStUSU5mM3E5VWlWK2s0UUZ4ZWZsdz09

Join by telephone (use any number to dial in)
        +1 929 436 2866
        +1 301 715 8592
        +1 309 205 3325
        +1 312 626 6799
        +1 646 931 3860
        +1 719 359 4580
        +1 253 215 8782
        +1 346 248 7799
        +1 386 347 5053
        +1 564 217 2000
        +1 669 444 9171
        +1 669 900 6833

International numbers available: https://harvard.zoom.us/u/acDaWClQOa

One tap mobile: +19294362866,,96038332251# US (New York)

Join by SIP conference room system
Meeting ID: 960 3833 2251
9603833225...@zoomcrc.com

Steven McEachern

Oct 22, 2022, 9:04:20 PM10/22/22
to Dataverse Users Community
Hi Julian,

The current time of day for these calls is not good for those in the East Asia / Australian time zones (1am here in Canberra).

Even 1 hour earlier, 1300UTC, would be a bit easier for those of us in this region:

Canberra (Australia – Australian Capital Territory)
Friday, 11 November 2022 at 12:00:00 midnight
AEDT UTC+11 hours
Singapore (Singapore)

Thursday, 10 November 2022 at 9:00:00 pm
SGT UTC+8 hours
den Haag (Netherlands), Tromso (Norway)

Thursday, 10 November 2022 at 2:00:00 pm
CET UTC+1 hour
Boston (USA – Massachusetts), Chapel Hill (North Carolina)
Thursday, 10 November 2022 at 8:00:00 am
EST UTC-5 hours
Los Angeles (USA – California)

Thursday, 10 November 2022 at 5:00:00 am
PST UTC-8 hours
Corresponding UTC (GMT)

Thursday, 10 November 2022 at 13:00:00

Regards
Steve

Steven McEachern

Oct 22, 2022, 9:06:35 PM10/22/22
to Dataverse Users Community

I should add that ADA is very interested in discussion on license metadata as part of work on our CADRE project

Cheers
Steve

Julian Gautier

Oct 24, 2022, 9:42:57 AM10/24/22
to Dataverse Users Community
Hi Steve,

Moving the calls an hour earlier is fine with me.

For anyone who'd like to but couldn't make the meeting if it was an hour earlier, could you let us know here?

Julian Gautier

Nov 7, 2022, 11:30:35 AM11/7/22
to Dataverse Users Community
For the meeting on November 10, the UTC time has been moved an hour earlier. So that's 1pm UTC/8am EST.

Julian Gautier

Nov 10, 2022, 11:06:26 AM11/10/22

Thanks to everyone who attended (or tried to attend but missed the time change!). We recorded the meeting and you can see it at https://harvard.zoom.us/rec/share/Q9s0uzeAlnT-Pg8tgbGJnGnvP6wqDRX5ycDxBNe5UwS12887BdCAcbskYar7f8hL.8unLzJaLJHshG_1Q. A Google Doc with notes is at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qn4c159okGtB51UwIah27Df-QJPZu_KICLLbxdrB51M.

I proposed to continue the conversation in the GitHub issue at https://github.com/IQSS/dataverse/issues/8512.