Support for DataCite Schema

Ashish Sharma

May 5, 2017, 10:42:40 AM5/5/17
to Dataverse Users Community
Does Dataverse support all elements of the DataCite 4.0 schema, or is it limited to a subset of fields?

For example, We'd like to be able to use the 'Version' relationship when a new version is created. This would involve updating the DOI metadata for the prior object to reflect the fact that it is no longer the latest version.
There are similar attributes, in the schema, that would need to be edited.

There are UI changes, but I suspect that those are "easier" to implement.

Thanks

julian...@g.harvard.edu

May 5, 2017, 11:58:34 AM5/5/17
to Dataverse Users Community
HI Ashish,

It's limited to a subset of fields right now, including all of 4.0's required fields of course. The metadata Dataverse sends now and use cases for using more Datacite fields are in this github issue.
Could you write more about using the version field and other fields, perhaps in this thread or in the github issue?

Thanks!
Julian