Problem running file migration scripts v3.6.2 -> v4.3

ofu...@gmail.com

May 4, 2016, 12:57:00 PM5/4/16
to Dataverse Users Community
Hi,
When I run ./files_destination_step1_ > migrated_datasets.txt
I receive the follow result:

last ID in DVOBJECT table: 0

Do anybody know why?

I performed the same operation on 3.6.2 -> 4.2.3  some weeks ago and it worked.

Ofuuzo

Leonid Andreev

May 4, 2016, 3:25:01 PM5/4/16
to Dataverse Users Community
This simply means that there are zero Dataverses and Datasets in the new, 4.3 database.
Meaning, no Dataverses and Studies have been migrated from DVN 3 yet.
So it's not an issue with the files script. Rather, it means something went wrong during the earlier migration steps, when you were migrating your old dataverses and studies.

When you say that it "worked" before, in 4.2.* - how far did you get there?
I looked briefly at your older support ticket - RT 225688...
I'm seeing that you were able to export the DDIs of the old studies on the DVN 3 side...
And then ran /api/batch/migrate on the Dataverse 4.2.4 side.
But that's the last update there, and there is no confirmation that "/migrate" actually succeeded in migrating any of the studies.

I'm assuming you removed the 4.2.4 installation since then, installed 4.3 and then started the migration process from scratch.

Were there any error messages from any of the previous migration steps, before you got to the step "6. Run file migration scripts:"?

Specifically, please check on the status of the DDI migration step (step 4.) The /api/batch/migrate should have left the log files "import-log..." and "validation-log..." in your .../glassfish4/glassfish/domains/domain1/logs.

Leonid Andreev

May 4, 2016, 3:34:17 PM5/4/16
to Dataverse Users Community
P.S. A small correction:

> Meaning, no Dataverses and Studies have been migrated from DVN 3 yet.

- the part about the Dataverses is not necessarily true...
You may have successfully migrated your Dataverse(s); the error message you saw meant no studies had been migrated.

Actually, please check the contents of the DVOBJECT and DATAVERSE tables in your new, 4.3 database, if these are populated at all.

ofu...@gmail.com

May 4, 2016, 4:49:38 PM5/4/16
to Dataverse Users Community
See the contents of DVOBJECT AND DATAVERSE tables. It contains only one dataverse and over 90 studies (from dvn 3.6.2)

Ofuuzo
dataverse db.png
dvobject db.png

Leonid Andreev

May 4, 2016, 5:19:55 PM5/4/16
to Dataverse Users Community
When you say "it contains... over 90 studies" - you mean, the old, DVN 3 database contains 90+ studies, right?

Please let me know about the other things I mentioned.

Also, we probably shouldn't be spamming the main group with this.
We may want to take this to the new migration group:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/dataverse-migration-wg

ofu...@gmail.com

May 6, 2016, 5:04:00 PM5/6/16
to Dataverse Users Community