Reindex failed due to ConstraintViolationException

Thanh Thanh Le

Jul 16, 2018, 5:02:25 PM7/16/18
to Dataverse Users Community
Hi all,

I re-index using admin api :

api/admin/index/clear
api/admin/index

I got just a small amount of datasets indexed : many rollback transactions due to ConstraintViolationException (cf. the attached log for one dataset).
However, if I index just one dataset (that has been failed), it is however well indexed.

Anyone has an idea about this please ? I have really no clue how to fix it.
I use dataverse 4.8.6

Thanks in advanced,

Thanh Thanh
index_Exception.log

danny...@g.harvard.edu

Jul 16, 2018, 5:40:51 PM7/16/18
to Dataverse Users Community
Hi Thanh,

I'd check out our Github issue tracker to see if any of the reported issues match what you're seeing in the log, as some of the issues have workarounds, such as indexing individually:

I'll let a developer dig in in more detail, but it's very possible that it's been encountered by other folks in the community.

Thanks,

Danny

Philip Durbin

Jul 16, 2018, 5:55:57 PM7/16/18
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
It does sound quite similar to https://github.com/IQSS/dataverse/issues/4547

Thanh Thanh Le

Jul 17, 2018, 7:59:40 AM7/17/18
to Dataverse Users Community
Hi Danny and Phillip,

Thx for your answers. I know that I can index invidually as a workaround. However, i have >7500  failed datasets @@

If there'es another solution, I'd be glad to test.

A saved search can be involved in this problem ? It is what I have recently tested, before the re-indexing.

Thanks in advanced,

Thanh Thanh

On Monday, July 16, 2018 at 5:02:25 PM UTC-4, Thanh Thanh Le wrote:
Hi all,

I re-index using admin api :

api/admin/index/clear
api/admin/index

I got just a small amount of datasets indexed : many rollback transactions due to ConstraintViolationException (cf. the attached log for one dataset).
However, if I index just one dataset (that has been failed), it is however well indexed.

Anyone has an idea about this please ? I have really no clue how to fix it.
I use dataverse 4.8.6

Thanks in advanced,

Thanh Thanh

Philip Durbin

Jul 17, 2018, 9:51:34 AM7/17/18
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
I can't think of any workaround other that what you're already doing: indexing datasets individually. Do you have any idea about how a developer could reproduce the problem on a new installation?

Thanh Thanh Le

Jul 25, 2018, 9:27:27 AM7/25/18
to Dataverse Users Community
Hi Phillip,

Sorry for the late answer :)
I deleted everything related to savedsearch and do the total re-index but failed as well.
So I went with the workaround -  index mannually my >7000 datasets.
I have no idea how to re-produce the case. But I can provide you with our backup of database if needed?!

Thanks,

Thanh Thanh

Philip Durbin

Jul 25, 2018, 4:53:04 PM7/25/18
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I'm glad the workaround is working for you but I think it would be good for you to tell your story in a comment at https://github.com/IQSS/dataverse/issues/4547 if you don't mind. I don't know how to reproduce it either. :/