TwoRavens installation issue on RHEL 7

Anders Conrad

May 30, 2017, 6:10:13 AM5/30/17
to Dataverse Users Community
Hi,

we installed R, rApache, TwoRavens on RHEL 7, using the "experimental" package for rApache.

Everything seems to have succeded, but on restart the Apache error log reports:

Error in file(filename, "r", encoding = encoding) :
  cannot open the connection
In addition: Warning message:
In file(filename, "r", encoding = encoding) :
  cannot open file '/var/www/html/dataexplore/rook/rooksource.R': Permission denied
 From directive RSourceOnStartup on line 5 of /etc/httpd/conf.d/tworavens-rapache.conf.

We tried to fiddle with the permissions of rooksource.R, including setting full permissions for all users, but nothing seems to change.

We appreciate any help!
Thank you,
Murat and Anders

don sizemore

May 30, 2017, 6:16:05 AM5/30/17
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
hello,

have you set selinux to permissive? i know some people had gotten dataverse working under selinux, but for TwoRavens I'd look there first.

painstakingly pecked on my iPhone.

Anders Conrad

May 31, 2017, 1:56:53 PM5/31/17
to Dataverse Users Community
Thank you so much, that was exactly right.
We were unaware that this setting is reverted on reboot of the server...

Cheers,
Anders

On 30 Mei 2017, at 06:10, Anders Conrad <a...@kb.dk> wrote:

Hi,

we installed R, rApache, TwoRavens on RHEL 7, using the "experimental" package for rApache.

Everything seems to have succeded, but on restart the Apache error log reports:

Error in file(filename, "r", encoding = encoding) :
  cannot open the connection
In addition: Warning message:
In file(filename, "r", encoding = encoding) :
  cannot open file '/var/www/html/dataexplore/rook/rooksource.R': Permission denied
 From directive RSourceOnStartup on line 5 of /etc/httpd/conf.d/tworavens-rapache.conf.