Display dataset size

Laura Huisintveld

Nov 21, 2019, 4:20:13 AM11/21/19
to Dataverse Users Community
Hello all,

I received a request from our DataverseNL users if it would be possible to display the total size of a dataset in on the dataset page. I can imagine this would be useful information if you are planning to download all the files of a dataset at once.
I know there are plans to update the dataset page, but does that include this suggestion? I did not see it in these mock-ups: https://sketch.cloud/s/PWk71/a/REaedl. (Found this link on the dataverse.org Roadmap page).

Kind regards,
Laura

Crosas, Mercè

Nov 21, 2019, 9:24:34 AM11/21/19
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I agree, I think this would be useful.

Mercè

Sent from my phone

Tania Schlatter

Nov 21, 2019, 11:06:41 AM11/21/19
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Hi Laura,

Showing the total dataset size has not been included in the redesign to date, but we can create an issue and work on adding it. Thanks for the feedback!

- Tania

Philip Durbin

Dec 9, 2019, 10:56:15 AM12/9/19
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Thanks again, Laura, for the suggestion.

The discussion can continue here, of course but I wanted to point out that Tania created an issue (thanks!) and put a lot of thoughtful questions in the description: https://github.com/IQSS/dataverse/issues/6400