How to Use Microprofile Config

Asbjørn KU-IT

Jul 17, 2024, 10:09:41 AM (6 days ago) Jul 17
to Dataverse Users Community
Hello community

We are currently using JVM options and it is kind of a hassle; creating hickups for us in our automated Ansible installation scripts.

Therefore, we are very keen on adopting the microprofile config approach as sysadmins.

However, reading the documentation it is not clear how to adopt it through a guide and examples. The many different microprofile attributes are however very well documented, thank you for this.

Can anybody guide us through how to use a microprofile-config.properties file? i.e. where to put the file and how to register the file in Payara?

We asked the chat and it told us to create the file and put it anywhere on your machine and then point Payara to it using the command:

asadmin create-jvm-options "-Dmicroprofile.config.locations=/path/to/microprofile-config.properties"

Is the chat gaslighting us or is this simply the approach?

Secondly, will the microprofile config take precedence over any JVM options, meaning we don't have to delete any of the same JVM options for our microprofile settings to work?

Regards
Asbjørn

o.be...@fz-juelich.de

Jul 17, 2024, 11:13:23 AM (5 days ago) Jul 17
to Dataverse Users Community
Hi Asbjørn!

I'm wondering where you asked that question and who replied with that? Can you provide a link? The suggested way will never work. It sounds like an answer ChatGPT would dream of...

It doesn't seem to be some answer that would have been given at on the Zulip Community Chat (https://chat.dataverse.org), as a quick search didn't reveal anything, but please feel free to continue the discussion over there.

Yours sincerely,
Oliver

Asbjørn KU-IT

Jul 18, 2024, 3:58:14 AM (5 days ago) Jul 18
to Dataverse Users Community
Hello Oliver

Yes, so no to confuse people, it was the ChatGPT.
Let's continue on Zulip. :)

Regards
Asbjørn