automated integration tests with Vagrant

Philip Durbin

Jun 4, 2014, 8:32:27 AM6/4/14
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
For Dataverse 4.0 I'm starting to work on fronting Glassfish with
Apache[1] and I'm pretty sure I'm going to get it all working in
Vagrant first.

The first step was to get our Vagrant environment working again (and
documented), which I did in this commit:
https://github.com/IQSS/dataverse/commit/8f398d3

While I was at it, I decided to go ahead and put an integration test
in there (related to search permissions) so it gets run every time you
`vagrant destroy` and `vagrant up`.

Right now, the expected output at the end is this:

running tests...
running search tests...
done running tests. no output is good. silence is golden

I know this is quite developer-y but thought I'd share. :)

Phil

1. My previous post about fronting Glassfish with Apache:
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/dataverse-community/iLs3HXbeU1E/P0_kqq0zAMoJ

p.s. See also this brilliant "Geeks and repetitive tasks" chart from
https://plus.google.com/+BrunoOliveira/posts/MGxauXypb1Y

--
Philip Durbin
Software Developer for http://thedata.org

Mercè Crosas

Jun 4, 2014, 9:23:14 AM6/4/14
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Phil. At some point in the future we might consider evaluating Redhat's WildFly for Dataverse. Has anybody in the community used it for his/her web applications?

(Phil, I love the geek's plot!).

Merce

Mercè Crosas, Ph.D.
Director of Data Science, IQSS