add my dataverse to harvard worldmap

Michel Bamouni

May 5, 2017, 4:36:55 AM5/5/17
to Dataverse Users Community
Hello,

I want to use harvard worldmap, so can you add my dataverse to harvard worldmap please?
The url of my dataverse is : https://data-preproduction.inra.fr

Thanks,

Michel

danny...@g.harvard.edu

May 5, 2017, 10:49:48 AM5/5/17
to Dataverse Users Community
Hi Michel, this should be all set.

Michel Bamouni

May 10, 2017, 7:49:20 AM5/10/17
to Dataverse Users Community

Hi Danny,

Thanks for answer.
After uploading à zip file I find in this link https://gist.github.com/raprasad/810b9ecaea6f02acbb9d0183362440a0, the mapData button appear
but when I click on the mapdata button , I have the error in the picture I join to my post.
Does my dataverse can really talk to harvard wolrdmap ?

Best regards,

Michel

Michel Bamouni

May 10, 2017, 7:55:17 AM5/10/17
to Dataverse Users Community
In addition, my dataverse url is https://data-preproduction.inra.fr, and not http://data-preproduction.inra.fr.

Michel

danny...@g.harvard.edu

May 10, 2017, 5:29:03 PM5/10/17
to Dataverse Users Community
Hey Michel - sorry about the trouble here. I think that "s" makes a big difference ;) We'll be in touch once this is updated.

Raman Prasad

May 11, 2017, 8:54:44 AM5/11/17
to Dataverse Users Community
Michel,

The url appears to be registered correctly (with https):  https://data-preproduction.inra.fr/

In troubleshooting, I can think of two potential items:

(1) Within the Dataverse, check that the "mapitlink" link is set to https:

update worldmapauth_tokentype set mapitlink = 'https://geoconnect.datascience.iq.harvard.edu/shapefile/map-it', hostname='geoconnect.datascience.iq.harvard.edu' where name = 'GEOCONNECT';

This "should not" matter--but just in case.

(2) Can the geoconnect application call back to your Dataverse server?  https://data-preproduction.inra.fr/

e.g. I cannot reach this server, data-preproduction.inra.fr, by putting the url into a browser.  If you have opened up only your Dataverse server to receive requests from Geoconnect, make sure it's not IP specific.

  - The "geoconnect.datascience.iq.harvard.edu" server doesn't have a static IP address. If that is a requirement for security, etc, I will look into adding one next week.

Let me know if you are still getting the same error.

Michel Bamouni

May 11, 2017, 12:41:25 PM5/11/17
to Dataverse Users Community
Hi Raman,

I think that geoconnect doesn't talk to y dataverse because we authorise a static IP for geoconnect. Like you say in your answer, for security reason, we must know a static IP for geoconnect.
Can you add some one and me it please?

Thank you in advance?

Michel

Michel Bamouni

May 11, 2017, 3:56:32 PM5/11/17
to Dataverse Users Community
Hi Raman,

Does the geoconnect IP variation is on a fixed range?
If true, cn you give me this range please so I will open connection between my dataverse and this range.

Best regards

Michel

Raman Prasad

May 11, 2017, 4:41:36 PM5/11/17
to Dataverse Users Community

Michel Bamouni

May 12, 2017, 2:32:21 AM5/12/17
to Dataverse Users Community
Hi Raman,

The best way for me is to have a static IP of geoconnect.
So if you can you can give add some one it will be very good .

Michel

Philip Durbin

May 15, 2017, 2:46:36 PM5/15/17
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
It looks like we're now tracking this in the "Add static IP to Geoconnect" issue at https://github.com/IQSS/dataverse/issues/3825

Michel Bamouni

May 16, 2017, 3:14:50 AM5/16/17
to Dataverse Users Community, philip...@harvard.edu
Hi Danny,

After visit the link https://github.com/IQSS/dataverse/issues/3825 you give me, I don't know what to do.
So can you tell concretly what I must do to etablsh the communication with worlmap please?

Michel

danny...@g.harvard.edu

May 18, 2017, 11:57:52 AM5/18/17
to Dataverse Users Community, philip...@harvard.edu
Hey Michel,

Unfortunately, the static IP change is not a change that we'll be able to devote resources to at this time. I left a note in the issue.

You're of course welcome to make the necessary changes by submitting a PR or by standing up your own instance of Geoconnect in a way that supports your need.

Let me know if you have any questions.

- Danny

Michel Bamouni

May 23, 2017, 3:18:17 AM5/23/17
to Dataverse Users Community, philip...@harvard.edu
Hi Danny,

I want to sant up à geoconnect but two later ago, dataverse support tell me that it is was immpossible to install geoconnect following the steps describes in the the page : https://github.com/IQSS/geoconnect.
Does this issue has been fixed?

Best regards,
Michel

Raman Prasad

May 23, 2017, 10:18:30 AM5/23/17
to Dataverse Users Community
Hi Michel,

It is now possible to set-up geoconnect locally--although not strong encouraged.  In your case it should solve the issue.

There are 2 setup instructions in the repository--one for a local server and another for Heroku.  Between the two instructions, there should be enough information to install geoconnect:

- https://github.com/IQSS/geoconnect/blob/master/local_setup.md
- https://github.com/IQSS/geoconnect/blob/master/heroku_setup.md

I can help guide you through that process--it will be faster to email me directly via raman_...@harvard.edu.  Much of it will involve creating a settings file for your installation--if you make a settings file for a specific setup, we can add it to the repository.

The one piece missing from the instructions is that you will need to create a WorldMap account for geoconnect use -- you can register on http://worldmap.harvard.edu/.
Once you've done that, let me know the username and I will put the user in a group that has permission to map from a Dataverse installation.

Note: the worldmap.harvard.edu site is on a static IP.

Best,

Raman

Michel Bamouni

May 30, 2017, 3:52:56 AM5/30/17
to Dataverse Users Community

Hi Raman,

I use the harvard geoconnect but when I click on "Map Data" button I get the error "Geoconnect is currently undergoing maintenance." like in the join picture.
Does geoconnect is always on maintenance?

Best regards
.

Michel

Michel Bamouni

May 30, 2017, 4:00:42 AM5/30/17
to Dataverse Users Community
In addition, does the static IP of geoconnect are :
54.197.243.26
107.22.254.150
54.243.171.224

Michel

Raman Prasad

May 30, 2017, 11:15:28 AM5/30/17
to Dataverse Users Community
Hi Michel,

The maintenance mode has been turned off.  There may be some miscommunication.

Currently, there are no plans for geoconnect to have a static IP.

If you do want assistance setting up a geoconnect, that is possible.  e.g. You would have:

- local Dataverse
- local Geoconnect
- the Harvard WorldMap which has a static IP

Let me know if that makes sense or if it's easier to take the discussion offline.

Thanks,

Raman

Michel Bamouni

May 31, 2017, 9:43:17 AM5/31/17