Generic error page, for cases such as Shibboleth

Eunice Soh

May 20, 2022, 5:12:12 AM5/20/22
to Dataverse Users Community
For shibboleth errors, a Redirect page can be defined: https://shibboleth.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/SP3/pages/2065334361/Errors.

For Dataverse, what's the recommended page for a generic error? Can it be https://dataverse.harvard.edu/error?

Otherwise it would serve the Shibboleth error pages, which is useful for debugging but unfriendly looking.

Philip Durbin

May 23, 2022, 9:58:24 AM5/23/22
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Hi Eunice,

This reminds me of https://github.com/IQSS/dataverse/issues/8450 of course. :)

Can you think of an easy way to cause a Shibboleth error such that the unfriendly Shibboleth error page appears? Most of the time when I see errors with Shibboleth I see a normal Dataverse page with the Shibboleth-related error at the top (a missing attribute, for example).

Thanks,

Phil