Problem validating our Dataverse OAI-PMH

ofu...@gmail.com

Jan 15, 2018, 7:58:38 AM1/15/18
to Dataverse Users Community
Hi,
I am trying to validate our Dataverse OAI-PMH (dataverse.no/oai) against two OAI-ÅMH validators, validator.oaipmh.com and oval.base-search.net but receive error messages.

I tried https://dataverse.no/oai/request?verb=Identify and got  "404 not found". When I remove "request" from the URL, https://dataverse.no/oai?verb=Identify, I receive some reasonable OAI response, but I still cannot get hits on a query to show all records:
I receive the same error messages when I try to validate dataverse.harvard.edu

NB! I have re-indexed our dataverse.

Anyone to help?

Cheers
Obi

danny...@g.harvard.edu

Jan 15, 2018, 8:44:45 PM1/15/18
to Dataverse Users Community
Hi Obi, you mentioned that you ran a reindex, which was my best guess as to the issue here. Can you post a screenshot of your Harvesting Server setup? It will help us troubleshoot.
Message has been deleted

ofu...@gmail.com

Jan 16, 2018, 8:01:39 AM1/16/18
to Dataverse Users Community
Hi Danny,

Here is a screenshot of our harvesting server set:

danny...@g.harvard.edu

Jan 16, 2018, 10:37:46 AM1/16/18
to Dataverse Users Community
Hi Obi, after taking a quick look at what we have set up for Harvard's Dataverse, can you try to remove the slash the end of the DOI link in your definition query and rerun? I'll also ask someone with a bit more experience in this area to take a look as well. Sorry to not be of more help!

Juan Corrales

Jan 17, 2018, 5:22:29 AM1/17/18
to Dataverse Users Community

ofu...@gmail.com

Jan 17, 2018, 5:30:02 AM1/17/18
to Dataverse Users Community
Thanks a lot Juan.

Cheers
Obi

ofu...@gmail.com

Jan 17, 2018, 5:49:18 AM1/17/18
to Dataverse Users Community
Any work on progress to to make Dataverse 100% valid?

Cheers
Obi

danny...@g.harvard.edu

Jan 17, 2018, 2:16:11 PM1/17/18
to Dataverse Users Community
Thanks Juan!

Obi, the last time we took a pass at OAI-PMH validation was in 4.6:

We haven't revisited it recently.