GDCC working groups

Crosas, Mercè

Jun 25, 2020, 9:53:00 AM6/25/20
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Dear Dataverse Community,

Congratulations to all of you on the successful Dataverse Community Meeting last week, we couldn't have done it without you! Slides from the talks can now be found on the website: https://projects.iq.harvard.edu/dcm2020/agenda.

During the Community Meeting, in some sessions, we discussed starting Working Groups around topics of interest, coordinated through the Global Dataverse Community Consortium (GDCC). Some of you already showed interest in participating in these groups. If you haven't joined any group and you are interested, please do so by adding your name in this Google doc:

Let me know if you have any questions.

Warm regards,
Mercè
--
Mercè Crosas, Ph.D.
University Research Data Management Officer

o.be...@fz-juelich.de

Jul 22, 2020, 3:42:52 PM7/22/20
to Dataverse Users Community
Hey Merce, Jon et al,

mind if I add another potential group about devops topics? We came up with the idea recently on IRC, searching for advocates and volunteers doing reviews and QA on container related stuff and more.

Best regards,
Oliver

Jonathan Crabtree

Jul 23, 2020, 9:58:35 AM7/23/20
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com

Oliver

I think this would be a good group too. Jim is working on a plan for group communications for GDCC

Happy to have you lead a group like this. I am sure Jim would help too

Jon

Jonathan Crabtree

Director Cyberinfrastructure

Odum Institute UNC Chapel Hill

www.odum.unc.edu

Jonathan...@unc.edu

919-962-0517 Office

919-428-6112 Cell

Crosas, Mercè

Jul 23, 2020, 11:23:43 AM7/23/20
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
I agree. Thanks, Oliver, for the suggestion.

We plan to share the guidelines for GDCC working groups in September and start the meetings then.

Merce