How to report security related issues?

Lucien van Wouw

Jan 5, 2016, 7:07:13 AM1/5/16
to Dataverse Users Community
Hi,

I wonder how security issues can be reported other than the public github repository,
Is there a IQSS procedure for this ? Where can end users ( developers, dataverse maintainers, etc ) report them ?

Philip Durbin

Jan 5, 2016, 9:55:37 AM1/5/16
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
From what I can tell we don't explain very well that we *don't* want security issues to be reported in public such as on this mailing list, the GitHub issue tracker, Twitter, IRC, etc.

Rather, please send anything security-related to sup...@dataverse.org which will create a private ticket in the IQSS/HMDC ticket tracker at https://help.hmdc.harvard.edu

Let me see what I can do about documenting this properly (and perhaps setting up a dedicated email address). I'm looking at sites like the ones below but if anyone has a favorite writeup of how to report security vulnerabilities, please let us know:

- https://www.oracle.com/support/assurance/vulnerability-remediation/reporting-security-vulnerabilities.html
- http://www.postgresql.org/support/security/
- https://access.redhat.com/security/team/contact

Thanks!