DOI Registration via Crossref.org?

Kevin Dice

Mar 28, 2018, 8:35:05 PM3/28/18
to Dataverse Users Community
Greetings,

Has anyone configured Dataverse with Crossref for DOI Registration?  Through searching the group, I was able to find Sherry's mention of the UVa consortium's DataCite quote and successful configuration, but I've not found anything on Crossref.

Thanks,

Kevin Dice
Software Developer
Kansas State University

Philip Durbin

Mar 28, 2018, 8:48:34 PM3/28/18
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kevin,

The only DOI provider Dataverse supports is DataCite (EZID support is going away). Handles are also supported but you asked about DOIs. For details, please see http://guides.dataverse.org/en/4.8.5/installation/config.html#persistent-identifiers-and-publishing-datasets .

There has been some talk of introducing a plugin mechanism for persistent ID providers at https://github.com/IQSS/dataverse/issues/4106

I hope this helps,

Phil

Message has been deleted

Durand, Gustavo

Mar 29, 2018, 12:51:21 PM3/29/18
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Note, EZID support is not going away completely; EZID, by policy, will only be available to UC schools. So for UC schools, they will still be able to use EZID as their DOI provider.

Additionally, the work on 4106 is actively being worked at by folks at GESIS. (they are waiting for file PIDs, issue 2438, to be merged).

On Wed, Mar 28, 2018 at 8:48 PM, Durbin, Philip <philip...@harvard.edu> wrote:
Hi Kevin,

The only DOI provider Dataverse supports is DataCite (EZID support is going away). Handles are also supported but you asked about DOIs. For details, please see http://guides.dataverse.org/en/4.8.5/installation/config.html#persistent-identifiers-and-publishing-datasets .

There has been some talk of introducing a plugin mechanism for persistent ID providers at https://github.com/IQSS/dataverse/issues/4106

I hope this helps,

Phil

Kevin Dice

Philip Durbin

Jonathan Crabtree

Mar 30, 2018, 12:00:04 PM3/30/18
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Kevin and everyone

We are currently putting together a group to join DataCite so the Dataverse Community can get a better deal

The numbers will be very good

Anyone interested can let me know and we can help make it happen and get you more information

Right now Harvard, UNC, John Hopkins, and the Qualitative Data Repository and on board

We welcome everyone to join and save money
We also will be building a formal Dataverse Consortium over the coming year to leverage more joint efforts like this

Exciting year ahead

Jon Crabtree
Odum Institute