Disable unpacking zipfiles automatically

Gabriel Gerez

Nov 3, 2022, 4:39:49 AM11/3/22
to Dataverse Users Community
So I have a failry big dataset, and therefore I organized it into zipped files. These files are meant to be opened in proper high performance clusters.
Additionally, it can take very long for the files to be unpacked in the dataverse upload system, slowing data upload to a halt.
My question, is there any way to prevent dataverse from automatically unpacking the zipped files?

Don Sizemore

Nov 3, 2022, 7:18:55 AM11/3/22
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

One common work-around for (smaller) zip files is to double-zip each uploaded object, which results in the original zip file being deposited, but may not work at your scale.
If you use an S3 or compatible datastore, Dataverse won't attempt to unzip on upload.
I'm not aware of a better way, but I hope someone else in the community has better suggestions.

Thank you,
Don

Gabriel Gerez

Nov 10, 2022, 4:08:09 AM11/10/22
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
double-ziping seems to work.
Thanks for the swift answer

Gabriel

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Dataverse Users Community" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/dataverse-community/CAPfMOazZFCf8Xo6uEy0v6JFAQisbkWQ_p%3D3gQcLq0iMJuySrDA%40mail.gmail.com.

Philip Durbin

Nov 23, 2022, 12:00:33 PM11/23/22
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com