DropBox (and maybe ownCloud) support

Alan Darnell

Jun 24, 2016, 5:22:28 PM6/24/16
to Dataverse Users Community
I came across a reference to DropBox support in Dataverse but after going through the documentation  I can't see any information on how to configure this.  I'm interested too if anyone is interested in adding support for ownCloud -- the idea being a researcher could drop files into an ownCloud account and these would be added to a dataset.

Alan

Philip Durbin

Jun 27, 2016, 9:32:11 AM6/27/16
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
There's a JVM option to configure Dropbox, which is (lightly) documented at http://guides.dataverse.org/en/4.3.1/installation/config.html#dataverse-dropbox-key

I don't know much about ownCloud but I did see this the other day: "In April 2016 Karlitschek and many of the top contributors left ownCloud Inc. Five weeks later they started Nextcloud, a fork of ownCloud." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OwnCloud . I guess maybe you're suggesting that someone could build an ownCloud Dataverse app to be listed at https://apps.owncloud.com or something.

On Fri, Jun 24, 2016 at 5:22 PM, Alan Darnell <alan.d...@gmail.com> wrote:
I came across a reference to DropBox support in Dataverse but after going through the documentation  I can't see any information on how to configure this.  I'm interested too if anyone is interested in adding support for ownCloud -- the idea being a researcher could drop files into an ownCloud account and these would be added to a dataset.

Alan

Frank Karlitschek

Mar 30, 2019, 8:13:45 AM3/30/19

On Monday, June 27, 2016 at 3:32:11 PM UTC+2, Philip Durbin wrote:
There's a JVM option to configure Dropbox, which is (lightly) documented at http://guides.dataverse.org/en/4.3.1/installation/config.html#dataverse-dropbox-key

I don't know much about ownCloud but I did see this the other day: "In April 2016 Karlitschek and many of the top contributors left ownCloud Inc. Five weeks later they started Nextcloud, a fork of ownCloud." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OwnCloud . I guess maybe you're suggesting that someone could build an ownCloud Dataverse app to be listed at https://apps.owncloud.com or something.

Disclaimer: As the founder or ownCloud and Nextcloud I'm a bit biased ;-)
Nextcloud has the bigger momentum and is 100% open source so adding support for Nextcloud would make sense. I'm happy to help you if you need any support in doing this.

Cheers
Frank

On Fri, Jun 24, 2016 at 5:22 PM, Alan Darnell <alan....@gmail.com> wrote:
I came across a reference to DropBox support in Dataverse but after going through the documentation  I can't see any information on how to configure this.  I'm interested too if anyone is interested in adding support for ownCloud -- the idea being a researcher could drop files into an ownCloud account and these would be added to a dataset.

Alan

Philip Durbin

Don Sizemore

Jun 20, 2019, 10:24:11 AM6/20/19
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Very cool! I ran earlier versions of OwnCloud in a former life but didn't know about NextCloud. I volunteer to check it out and stand up a test instance.