Change directory of file upload into new path

Hanieh Rajabi

Mar 15, 2017, 11:32:50 AM3/15/17
to Dataverse Users Community
Dear Dataverse users,
Due to lack of free disk space on my setup, I would like to save the uploaded file into a new storage which is different from the default path of dataverse.
I would be thankful if anyone advise me what/where the changes should be done.

Thanks
Hanieh

Philip Durbin

Mar 15, 2017, 12:06:19 PM3/15/17
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Huh, I'm a little surprised that we don't document the installer prompting you for something like "directory for files" but I don't see it in the Installation Guide*.

Regardless, you need to reconfigure Dataverse, not run the installer. The location Dataverse uses for files is a JVM option called "dataverse.files.directory" which is documented at http://guides.dataverse.org/en/4.6.1/installation/config.html#dataverse-files-directory

Please scroll up to the main "JVM Options" section for advice on how to change the value. I tend to use `asadmin` but it's also possible to edit the domain.xml file directly.

I hope this helps,

Phil