How to change dataverse default admin login/password

Michel Bamouni

May 5, 2017, 11:42:53 AM5/5/17
to Dataverse Users Community
Hello,

After installing dataverse 4.5.1, I want to know the steps to follow to change the default values for admin login and password?
Thanks in advance for answer

Best regards

Michel

Pete Meyer

May 8, 2017, 10:40:55 AM5/8/17
to Dataverse Users Community
Hi Michel,

Assuming you'd like to change this through the web UI, the password can be changed the same way as any other built-in user password (`http://guides.dataverse.org/en/latest/user/account.html#edit-account`).

Best,
Pete

Michel Bamouni

May 9, 2017, 3:21:37 AM5/9/17
to Dataverse Users Community

Hello,

Thanks pete for your answer.

Is it possible to change the default login "dataverseAdmin"?

Best regards,

Michel

Pete Meyer

May 9, 2017, 10:35:36 AM5/9/17
to Dataverse Users Community
Hi Michel,

I don't know of a way to change the username of an account after creation (short of going into postgres directly, which I'm pretty sure is unsupported).  Pre-install, you could probably do this by modifying the installer data.  Could you give us a little more information about why you're trying to do this?

Best,
Pete

Durand, Gustavo

Michel Bamouni

May 10, 2017, 8:56:07 AM5/10/17
to Dataverse Users Community
Hi Gustavo,

Thanks for answer.

Michel

Philip Durbin

May 15, 2017, 1:49:36 PM5/15/17
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Of interest may be the "All users should have a username for disambiguation and they should be able to change it" issue at https://github.com/IQSS/dataverse/issues/1445 and the raw SQL statements for changing a username that are not supported but nonetheless mentioned at https://github.com/IQSS/dataverse/issues/1445#issuecomment-251712762

Pete's also right that you can change "dataverseAdmin" to something else *before* running the installer. There's a file called "user-admin.json" that's mentioned at http://guides.dataverse.org/en/4.6.1/installation/installation-main.html#superuser-account

Gustavo mentioned creating a new account and making it a superuser. Currently, you can only do this through the API ( http://guides.dataverse.org/en/4.6.1/api/native-api.html#admin ) but we plan to add a GUI for this operation as part of https://github.com/IQSS/dataverse/issues/3612

I hope this helps,

Phil