Interest in Author & Related Publication look-ups KU Leuven?

Dieuwertje Bloemen

Jun 30, 2022, 12:42:25 PM6/30/22
to Dataverse Users Community
Hi,

During the community meeting, we had some people interested in the look-up features we developed for our own installation for the author field and the related publication field. We were wondering if anyone would like us to contribute some code and explanation on how we did it, so maybe others can implement it as well?
It works as follows:
  • Author look-up: our researchers can use a search button to look in our personnel database for names, personnel-numbers, ORCID IDS and email-addresses that are saved there. They select the person they were looking for and the look-up will fill in all the relevant fields for that author (name, affiliation, ORCID ID).
  • Related Publication look-up: our researchers can use a search button to look for publications in KU Leuven's literature repository Lirias. They can search on personnel-number, title, name to find a publication. If the select a publication, the look-up will fill in all the relevant fields for that publication (Citation, DOI, and in our case the Lirias ID).
To get a better idea of how it works, you can take a look at our Dataverse intro video, where I actually briefly show it at 0:52

So if anyone is interested, then we'll gladly provide any information and code etc. on how we did this.

Kind regards,
Dieuwertje Bloemen
(KU Leuven)

Philip Durbin

Jul 13, 2022, 2:37:55 PM7/13/22
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dieuwertje,

I'm interested! Sorry for the slow reply but I've been on vacation. :)

I think it's especially cool how the various subfields of "Author" and "Related Publication" are automatically filled in. Seems like a real time saver.

I think the best place to put code would be a pull request against https://github.com/gdcc/dataverse-external-vocab-support but whatever makes sense is fine.

Thanks!

Phil

Dieuwertje Bloemen

Jul 14, 2022, 8:11:22 AM7/14/22
to Dataverse Users Community
Great, we'll add it as a PR to the GDCC github you pointed to somewhere after the vacation period here, as most of the team is about to leave on holiday ;)