count of downloading on a dataset files

Michel Bamouni

May 23, 2019, 5:53:39 AM5/23/19
to Dataverse Users Community
Hi,

In dataverse, when a dataset have  files, we have the number of downloading on the different files.
I understand that the value is the total downloading on the files that the dataset has. I also see that, for a specific file , we have the number of time this file has downloading. For instance, in the bellow picture, the file "testFile.txt" is download 2 times.
I don't see anywhere in dataverse documentation, an api or sql query that can give me the above informations about the downloading of files. So, if someone know how I can get the number of times of file is downloading (the sql tables or sql request or an api), this will help me.

Best regards,

Philip Durbin

May 23, 2019, 6:41:14 AM5/23/19
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Hi Michel,

There's a Google doc called "Dataverse Database Queries" that's linked from https://github.com/IQSS/dataverse/issues/4169 that has a section called "file downloads". I'll attach a screenshot to give you a quick sense of what's in there but here's a link to the doc:

Everyone is welcome to contribute to that doc! Please just leave a comment if you'd like a query or request edit access if you'd like to add one.

Also, if you'd like an API to get those download counts out, please feel free to open a GitHub issue.

I hope this helps,

Phil

Screen Shot 2019-05-23 at 6.35.55 AM.png

Michel Bamouni

May 23, 2019, 10:00:00 AM5/23/19
to Dataverse Users Community
Hi Phil,

I get my answer in the dataverse queries doc.

Thanks a lot

Michel