Users are getting erros after first login and after access menus.

Alexandre Abreu

Mar 20, 2023, 8:35:04 AM3/20/23
to Dataverse Users Community
Good morning, everybody :)

I'm facing some problems with my dataverse and I don't know from where I should start to investigate.

When I new user do his first login the error message in screenshot below apperas.
Same error appears if the user access My Data, Notificatins, Account Info and API Token menu... The error appears only if the user is a normal user. Admin users don't get any error message and everything works nicely.

imagem
Thank in advance for the help :)

Alexandre

Ayu Widi

Mar 20, 2023, 8:42:45 AM3/20/23
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

We also experienced this issue. This is because normal users have no permission to any dataverse. We solved this issue by assigning permission to the registered user although we're still looking for root cause of this issue. In my opinion, registered user normally should have a landing page after successfully logged in, not an error rendering page.

Sent from my iPhone

On 20 Mar 2023, at 19.35, Alexandre Abreu <alsanti...@gmail.com> wrote:

Good morning, everybody :)

Sherry Lake

Mar 20, 2023, 8:52:42 AM3/20/23
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

What you are seeing seems to be a known bug and fixed in version 5.12.1.

If the 1st time user logs in again (logs out and then logs back in) then the error should go away. Here is the issue

Best,
Sherry Lake

Ayu Widi

Mar 20, 2023, 10:21:31 AM3/20/23
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com

Thank you sherry for this information
We will schedule the time for upgrade the dataverse version. For now we are using version 5.5.1.

Regards,
Ayu - BRIN Indonesia

Philip Durbin

Mar 20, 2023, 2:42:12 PM3/20/23
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
It does sound like Alexandre might be suffering from the bug Sherry pointed out (thanks!).

Ayu, that bug is fairly new, introduced in 5.11 and fixed in 5.12.1. Whatever bug you're seeing in 5.5.1 is probably something else. That said, yes, please do upgrade! :)

Alexandre Abreu

Mar 22, 2023, 3:50:39 PM3/22/23
to Dataverse Users Community
Hi !

I wwas using v5.11.1.. after upgrade to v5.12.1 it is fine now.
Thanks :)