Application dataverse-4.0 is not deployed on this target [server]

Endmar Technologies

Sep 12, 2020, 1:03:23 PM9/12/20
to Dataverse Users Community
Hello,

I just stared to install dataverse 4.2.0 with GlassFish 4.1.2 over Ubuntu 18.04
Everything went well except the is error remote failure: Application dataverse-4.0 is not deployed on this target [server]
Command undeploy failed.

          I can not browse  http://localhost:8080 to login to the application

Any help I appreciate!!!

Sisay

Philip Durbin

Sep 14, 2020, 10:17:45 AM9/14/20
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sisay,

When you say Dataverse 4.2.0 do you mean Dataverse 4.20? Datavere 4.20 is the last of the 4.x series and is definitely recommended over 4.2.0, which is quite old. Even better would be to use Dataverse 5.0, which is now available.

If you do intend to install Dataverse 4.x, you must use a specific version of Glassfish. Only Glassfish 4.1 is supported. Your deployment error might be due to using Glassfish 4.1.2. (With Dataverse 5.0 you can use much more recent versions of Payara, which is based on Glassfish.)

I hope this helps,

Phil

Endmar Technologies

Sep 14, 2020, 11:07:09 AM9/14/20
to Dataverse Users Community

Hi Philip,

Thanks so much.In the mean time I just installed  5.0 with payara-5.2020.2 and runs successfully.
How ever I noticed " Not Authorized - You are not authorized to view this page. If you believe this is an error, please contact Root Support for assistance"while I login to the page with my own created account credentials.

Thanks,Sisay

Philip Durbin

Sep 14, 2020, 1:48:24 PM9/14/20
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Great! That error you see is due to permissions. The easiest way forward is to publish the root dataverse. Please see http://guides.dataverse.org/en/5.0/installation/config.html#root-dataverse-permissions

Endmar Technologies

Sep 15, 2020, 5:59:39 AM9/15/20
to Dataverse Users Community
Thanks Philip,
Iam new to api. is this something I should try?

export API_TOKEN=xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx

export SERVER_URL=//http://localhost:8080/

export ID=root curl -H X-Dataverse-key:$API_TOKEN -X POST $SERVER_URL/api/dataverses/$ID/actions/:publish

Thanks,Sisay

Philip Durbin

Sep 15, 2020, 8:02:20 AM9/15/20
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
From the normal web interface, you can log in a dataverseAdmin (password "admin") and click "Publish" on the root dataverse.

Endmar Technologies

Sep 16, 2020, 9:00:05 AM9/16/20
to Dataverse Users Community
Hi Philip,

Iam not able to manage or publish the root dataverse.

Here are the steps to create the dataverse via API. Can you please correct me over the code
 below.

swebshet@swebshet:~$export API_TOKEN=33965073-6b09-42c1-aed8-4666eb15abc0
swebshet@swebshet:~$ export SERVER_URL=http://swebshet:8080/
swebshet@swebshet:~$ export PARENT=root

swebshet@swebshet:~$ curl -H X-Dataverse-key:$API_TOKEN -X POST $SERVER_URL/api/dataverses/$PARENT --upload-file dataverse-complete.json
{"status":"ERROR","code":404,"message":"API endpoint does not exist on this server. Please check your code for typos, or consult our API guide at http://guides.dataverse.org.","requestUrl":"http://swebshet:8080/api/v1/v1i/dataverses/root","requestMethod":"POST"}swebshet@swebshet:~$

Thanks,Sisay

Philip Durbin

Sep 16, 2020, 10:12:08 AM9/16/20
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Again, it's probably easiest to publish the root dataverse using the web interface. You need to log in as dataverseAdmin (a superuser) and click "Publish".

If you really want to publish via API, you need a different command. It should look like this:

curl -H X-Dataverse-key:xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx -X POST https://demo.dataverse.org/api/dataverses/root/actions/:publish

(But use localhost:8080 like you showed.)

I hope this helps,

Phil

Endmar Technologies

Sep 16, 2020, 11:47:46 AM9/16/20
to Dataverse Users Community
I tried this many time.login via dataverseAdmin(username) and admin(password) shows me the following error

 Error – The username, email address, or password you entered is invalid. Need assistance accessing your account? If you believe this is an error, please contact Root Support for assistance.

Thanks,Sisay

Philip Durbin

Sep 16, 2020, 12:43:14 PM9/16/20
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Depending on how you installed Dataverse, the password may be "admin1" instead of "admin".

Endmar Technologies

Sep 20, 2020, 12:00:02 PM9/20/20
to Dataverse Users Community
Thanks Philip,

still the admin1 doesn't work.Let me try with Dataverse_4.20 and
glassfish-4.1

Endmar Technologies

Sep 20, 2020, 12:11:45 PM9/20/20
to Dataverse Users Community
I was looking the following on the log file

Caused by: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: duplicate key value violates unique constraint "dataverserole_alias_key"
  Detail: Key (alias)=(admin) already exists.
at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.receiveErrorResponse(QueryExecutorImpl.java:2533)
at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.processResults(QueryExecutorImpl.java:2268)
at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.execute(QueryExecutorImpl.java:313)
at org.postgresql.jdbc.PgStatement.executeInternal(PgStatement.java:448)
at org.postgresql.jdbc.PgStatement.execute(PgStatement.java:369)
at org.postgresql.jdbc.PgPreparedStatement.executeWithFlags(PgPreparedStatement.java:159)
at org.postgresql.jdbc.PgPreparedStatement.executeUpdate(PgPreparedStatement.java:125)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor261.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.postgresql.ds.PGPooledConnection$StatementHandler.invoke(PGPooledConnection.java:428)
at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy489.executeUpdate(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.gjc.spi.base.PreparedStatementWrapper.executeUpdate(PreparedStatementWrapper.java:127)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor261.invoke(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.gjc.spi.jdbc40.ProfiledConnectionWrapper40$1.invoke(ProfiledConnectionWrapper40.java:437)
at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy490.executeUpdate(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.databaseaccess.DatabaseAccessor.executeDirectNoSelect(DatabaseAccessor.java:898)

Philip Durbin

Sep 21, 2020, 10:56:54 AM9/21/20
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Strange. There should only be one "admin" role in the database. I would suggest a fresh installation of Dataverse.

You are welcome to follow the Installation Guide, of course, but you might also want to try Ansible: https://github.com/GlobalDataverseCommunityConsortium/dataverse-ansible

I hope this helps,

Phil

Endmar Technologies

Sep 30, 2020, 3:20:19 PM9/30/20
to Dataverse Users Community
Hi Philip,

I just tried again and again with dataverse_4.20 with the following application as follow

Jave: openjdk version "1.8.0_265
Postgresql:9.6
Glassfish 4.1
solr-7.7.2
jq-1.5-1-a5b5cbe

Iam happy if you see the attached server log file and the status while Running the Dataverse Installer
attached server log file.

The installation works fine except login failed using dataverseAdmin (admin)

Thanks,Sisay
Installation_status.txt
server.log.txt

Philip Durbin

Oct 1, 2020, 1:24:26 PM10/1/20
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
You should be able to use the password reset functionality to log in as dataverseAdmin and change the password to something you know. Here's a suggested approach.

Step 1. Figure out which email address was used for dataverseAdmin

dvndb=> select id,useridentifier,email from authenticateduser;
 id | useridentifier |          email
----+----------------+--------------------------
  1 | dataverseAdmin | data...@mailinator.com
(1 row)

Step 3. Use the email address in the password reset form at http://localhost:8080/passwordreset.xhtml (using your own hostname).

Step 4. If email is set up, go click the link. If not, figure out the token.

dvndb=> select builtinuser_id,token from passwordresetdata;
 builtinuser_id |                token
----------------+--------------------------------------
              1 | 18fc761c-6b95-4649-9453-e867efced889
(1 row)

Step 6. Click the link and pick a new password.

I hope this helps,

Phil

Endmar Technologies

Oct 5, 2020, 11:15:12 AM10/5/20
to Dataverse Users Community
Philip,Thank you very much

It is getting successful and I can reset and login.

But as a lesson

I don't know why the previous installation accepts localhost for  SMTP (mail) server.

SMTP (mail) server (and port) to relay notification messages: [mail.hmdc.harvard.edu:25] localhost

OK, we were able to establish connection to the SMTP server you have specified.
Please note that you *may* need to configure some extra settings before your
Dataverse can send email. Please consult the "Mail Host Configuration & Authentication"
for more information.

Lastly  I just  reinstalled Ubuntu again and run the installation script  and able to establish connection to valid the SMTP server

with the following error .How ever I gave it valid SMTP (mail) server and can login and reset the password.
SMTP (mail) server (and port) to relay notification messages: [mail.hmdc.harvard.edu:25] mail.hmdc.harvard.edu:25
Could not establish connection to mail.hmdc.harvard.edu:25,
the address you provided for your Mail server.
Please select a valid mail server, and try again.

Enter a valid SMTP (mail) server:
(Or ctrl-C to exit the installer): xxxxxxxxxxxxx