Can't display dataverse shibboleth session attributes values

Michel Bamouni

Feb 22, 2017, 5:59:37 AM2/22/17
to Dataverse Users Community
Hello,

I configure dataverse 4.5.1 to work with shibboleth successfully but after logging in institutional mode,
when I go to the url https://dmyhostname/Shibboleth.sso/Session,
I see something like this :

"Miscellaneous
Session Expiration (barring inactivity): 430 minute(s)
Client Address: XXXX.XXXX.XXXX.XXXX
SSO Protocol: urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:protocol
Identity Provider: https://XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX/idp/shibboleth
Authentication Time: 2017-02-22T09:54:22.338Z
Authentication Context Class: urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:ac:classes:PasswordProtectedTransport
Authentication Context Decl: (none)

Attributes
affiliation: 2 value(s)
cn: 1 value(s)
eppn: 1 value(s)
givenName: 1 value(s)
mail: 1 value(s)
orgunit-dn: 1 value(s)
persistent-id: 1 value(s)
primary-orgunit-dn: 1 value(s)
sn: 1 value(s)
telephoneNumber: 1 value(s)
uid: 1 value(s)
unscoped-affiliation: 2 value(s)
"

I hope to have for example eppn : test and not eppn: 1 value(s)
Why do I not see the réal value of attributes?

Can someone helps me?

Best regards

Michel

Michel Bamouni

Feb 22, 2017, 9:53:38 AM2/22/17
to Dataverse Users Community
Hello,

I solved my problem setting Session showAttributeValues="true"

Michel

danny...@g.harvard.edu

Feb 22, 2017, 10:15:35 AM2/22/17
to Dataverse Users Community
Michel - great to hear that you're all set! Please let me know if there's something that we could improve in the documentation.

Thanks,

Danny

Michel Bamouni

Feb 23, 2017, 2:25:06 AM2/23/17
to Dataverse Users Community
Hello Danny,

To improve the documentation,  I think that before the section : "Then try to log in to Dataverse using the TestShib IdP. After logging in, you can visit the https://dataverse.example.edu/Shibboleth.sso/Session (substituting your hostname) to troubleshoot which attributes are being received. You should see something like the following:"
It'is necessary to remeber people to verify if Session showAttributeValues="true" in the shibboleth2.xml.

Best regards,

Michel

Philip Durbin

Feb 27, 2017, 9:54:14 AM2/27/17
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
I'm sorry to hear about your trouble and I'll reply to your other Shibboleth-related posts as well. I'm glad you're making progress. :)

Here I just want to mention at http://guides.dataverse.org/en/4.6/installation/shibboleth.html#shibboleth2-xml we suggest using and downloading a specific shibboleth2.xml file and that file already has 'showAttributeValues="true"' in it. It's a good idea to go ahead and mention this explicitly, though. Please go ahead and open a GitHub issue about this: https://github.com/IQSS/dataverse/issues

Thanks!

Phil

Message has been deleted

danny...@g.harvard.edu

Feb 27, 2017, 10:32:26 AM2/27/17
to Dataverse Users Community, philip...@harvard.edu
Michel, thanks for opening the issue at https://github.com/IQSS/dataverse/issues/3649!

(I deleted my previous post that did not link to the issue that was created :))