Error while uploading file to DV during ingesting/converting

Vic Ding

Sep 29, 2021, 2:41:29 PM9/29/21
to Dataverse Users Community
hi all,
I am having issues uploading SPSS files (sav, por). The files being tested are from various years, 90s, 2005 to 2017 and more.
I am mainly having 2 issues:
1. Tabular data ingest failed. Input string
The input string causing the error could be randomly anything, from "" (empty string) to something like B+2 or just ?sBKOA
2. Tabular data ingest failed. Unknown exception in SPSS/SAV reader: number of cases is not recorded in the header

has someone hit this before? Any idea how to work around it? Many thanks for the hint/help in advance.

Best regards,
Vic

Philip Durbin

Sep 29, 2021, 5:59:13 PM9/29/21
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Hi Vic,

Thanks for reporting this.

I haven't personally seen these errors (others reading this are welcome to reply with any advice!).

I just looked through https://github.com/IQSS/dataverse/issues and didn't see either problem. If possible, would you be able to create two separate issues for these? Even better would be to also attach small SPSS files that reproduce the problem. (You'd need to zip them first so that GitHub accepts them.)

Thanks,

Phil