Setting a storage while creating a new dataverse through API

MViana

Sep 9, 2021, 5:52:28 AM9/9/21
to Dataverse Users Community
Hello,

I'm having some difficulty in selecting the desired storage for a new dataverse, when trying to create the new dataverse from the APIs.

Bellow the example JSON that I'm using to do so:

{
          "name": "Scientific Research",
          "alias": "science",
          "dataverseContacts": [ ... ],
          "affiliation": "Scientific Research University",
          "description": "We do all the science.",
          "dataverseType": "LABORATORY",
          "dataverseStorage": "s3"
}

Already tried as well, with ' storage: "s3" '

Although no errors are returned when making the API call, the storage is not changed. Manually, everything works fine.

Does anyone have any idea how to solve this?

Thanks in advance.

James Myers

Sep 9, 2021, 6:45:05 AM9/9/21
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com

The storageDriver can only be set by an admin and isn’t part of the create Dataverse collection API. The only API for setting the storageDriver for a Dataverse is described at https://guides.dataverse.org/en/latest/admin/dataverses-datasets.html?highlight=storagedriver#configure-a-dataverse-collection-to-store-all-new-files-in-a-specific-file-store.

-- Jim

Miguel Viana

Sep 9, 2021, 8:52:07 AM9/9/21
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Hello James,

Thank you. It solved my problem.

Best regards,
Miguel Viana

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Dataverse Users Community" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/dataverse-community/MN2PR07MB7343708412A7DAC47C8FEDA4BFD59%40MN2PR07MB7343.namprd07.prod.outlook.com.