Local Hosting of a Journal Dataverse

Sherry Lake

Mar 2, 2017, 3:02:44 PM3/2/17
to Dataverse Users Community
UVa is in the process of choosing a journal hosting solution (looking at OJS-stand-a-lone and Ubiquity). We saw a demo of Ubiquity last week. Would we be able to host journal dataverses on our local implementation of Dataverse?

Thanks.
Sherry

Mercè Crosas

Mar 2, 2017, 3:05:55 PM3/2/17
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Of course! I don't see why not.

Merce

Philip Durbin

Mar 2, 2017, 3:08:46 PM3/2/17
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
It doesn't seem to be mentioned a http://guides.dataverse.org/en/4.6/user/dataverse-management.html#create-a-dataverse-within-the-root-dataverse but "Journal" is one of the categories you can choose when creating a dataverse. The options are enumerated here:

http://guides.dataverse.org/en/4.6/api/native-api.html#dataverses

Anyway, like Merce said, go for it. :)

On Thu, Mar 2, 2017 at 3:05 PM, Mercè Crosas <mcr...@iq.harvard.edu> wrote:
Of course! I don't see why not.

Merce

Mercè Crosas, Ph.D., Chief Data Science and Technology Officer, IQSS, Harvard University
@mercecrosas mercecrosas.com