Standardizing how standard licenses are configured in the Dataverse software

Philipp at UiT

May 14, 2022, 8:02:23 AMMay 14
to Dataverse Users Community
A couple of months ago, I submitted a GitHub issue about standardizing the way standard licenses are configured in the Dataverse software. Currently, the way license information is configured and exposed to DataCite needs some changes to make it aligned with the recommendations from DataCite. I guess this might be of interest to many if not all Dataverse installations using dataset (and optionally file) DOIs provided by DataCite, so you might want to join the discussion on GitHub or by replying to this Google group discussion thread. Thanks!

Best, Philipp

Philipp at UiT

May 29, 2022, 3:01:56 AMMay 29
to Dataverse Users Community
An update: One of the consequences of the license information in Dataverse not being aligned with the DataCite recommendations is that the discovery services relying on DataCite, e.g., Primo (see this discussion thread), treat all datasets from Dataverse-based repositories as not accessible. For details, see the GitHub issue.

Lilian Vallejo Bustamante

Jun 1, 2022, 5:39:38 PMJun 1
to Dataverse Users Community
hola, busco proveedor