Password for user dataverseAdmin after new installation of Dataverse 4.01

ofu...@gmail.com

Jul 1, 2015, 6:10:58 AM7/1/15
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Hei,
I have just installed dataverse 4.01 and I can't figure out where to get the password for user "dataverseAdmin". I was not asked to fill the password during the installation.
It is stated at the url:http://guides.dataverse.org/en/latest/installation/installation-main.html (Application Configuration):

 Log in as the user dataverseAdmin and change these values to suit your installation.

But no mention of password.

Regards
Obi

Philip Durbin

Jul 1, 2015, 10:33:30 AM7/1/15
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Apologies! The password for dataverseAdmin is "admin". I just fixed* the guide:

http://guides.dataverse.org/en/latest/installation/installation-main.html#dataverse-admin-account

Thanks for reporting this! Please keep the feedback coming!

Phil

* https://github.com/IQSS/dataverse/commit/cb59f41

ofu...@gmail.com

Jul 1, 2015, 5:44:17 PM7/1/15
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com, philip...@harvard.edu
Phil,
Thanks for the quick answer. I can log in as an admin right now.

-Obi

On Wed, Jul 1, 2015 at 6:10 AM, <ofu...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hei,
I have just installed dataverse 4.01 and I can't figure out where to get the password for user "dataverseAdmin". I was not asked to fill the password during the installation.
It is stated at the url:http://guides.dataverse.org/en/latest/installation/installation-main.html (Application Configuration):

 Log in as the user dataverseAdmin and change these values to suit your installation.

But no mention of password.

Regards
Obi

Roberto JR

Apr 13, 2019, 11:40:46 AM4/13/19
to Dataverse Users Community
Hello folks

I have installed (several times!) dataverse 4.12, following the instructions but I cannot login with "dataverseAdmin/admin".
Thanks

danny...@g.harvard.edu

Apr 15, 2019, 11:01:10 AM4/15/19
to Dataverse Users Community
Hi,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. How are you installing Dataverse? Note that there was some password inconsistency based on installation method reported here: https://github.com/IQSS/dataverse/issues/5652

- Danny

Roberto JR

Apr 15, 2019, 3:44:41 PM4/15/19
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
THanks for the answer.
I think the problem is with the authentication of the server (secure-admin). When I install with the server-with-GUI, everything works fine (including remote access). However, if I install on the multi-user-server (command-line) this problem happens. Weird...
Thanks!

[[]]
R.J.R.