solr error on Dataverse upgraded from 5.13 to 6.3: undefined field workflowCodeRepository

Alfredo Cosco

8:51 AM (14 hours ago) 8:51 AM
to Dataverse Users Community
Hi all,
I'm upgraded an installation, step by step, from 5.13 to 6.3.
Now I'm using:
Payara v. 6.2024.6
Solr 9.4.1

and

Dataverse 6.3

everything works fine but If I made a simple query:
https://dataverse.mydomain.org/dataverse/root?q=landscape

I've got 0 results

But if I query the Solr:

curl "http://localhost:8983/solr/collection1/select?q=landscape"
{
  "responseHeader":{
    "status":0,
    "QTime":3,
    "params":{
      "q":"landscape"
    }
  },
  "response":{
    "numFound":8,

On the log I've this error message:

[Payara 6.2024.6] [INFO] [] [edu.harvard.iq.dataverse.search.SearchServiceBean] [tid: _ThreadID=87 _ThreadName=http-thread-pool::jk-connector(2)] [timeMillis: 1721652244288] [levelValue: 800] [[
  Search Syntax Error: Error from server at http://localhost:8983/solr/collection1: undefined field workflowCodeRepository]]

What can I do?
Thanks,
Alfredo

James Myers

9:18 AM (13 hours ago) 9:18 AM
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com

Looks like you have a field missing from your solr schema. That should have been addressed in step 8a of the upgrade instructions.

8a. For installations with custom or experimental metadata blocks:

  • Stop Solr instance (usually service solr stop, depending on Solr installation/OS, see the Installation Guide).
  • Run the update-fields.sh script that we supply, as in the example below (modify the command lines as needed to reflect the correct path of your Solr installation):

wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IQSS/dataverse/v6.3/conf/solr/update-fields.sh

chmod +x update-fields.sh

curl "http://localhost:8080/api/admin/index/solr/schema" | ./update-fields.sh /usr/local/solr/solr-9.4.1/server/solr/collection1/conf/schema.xml

You will need to reindex afterwards.

If that doesn’t solve it, let us know.

-- Jim

Alfredo Cosco

10:37 AM (12 hours ago) 10:37 AM
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com

Thak you Jim.

I skipped step 8a because, as far as I knew, this instance did not have any "custom or experimental metadata blocks." However, I might have been wrong.

I ran the script, and now the search function works fine.

Best,
Alfredo