Usability problem in dataset input form, related to Host Dataverse field

১৩টি ভিউ
প্রথম অপঠিত মেসেজটিতে চলে আসুন

Jan Mansum, van

পড়া হয়নি,
১ অক্টো, ২০২১, ৭:০৫:২৭ AM১/১০/২১
প্রাপক Dataverse Users Community
Hi group,

Has anyone else run into problems with the following behavior of the "Host Dataverse" field on the dataset input form?

1. Create a new dataset
2. Click in the Title field and type something, e.g. 'test'
3. Click in the Subtitle field and type something, e.g. 'test'
4. Hit Enter

Result: the form is cleared and the cursor jumps back to the Host Dataverse field.

The user might have filled in much more than just these two fields, so I think this is potentially a rather big usability problem. Are there existing issues about this?

Thanks!

Jan van Mansum

danny...@g.harvard.edu

পড়া হয়নি,
১ অক্টো, ২০২১, ১০:০১:২১ AM১/১০/২১
প্রাপক Dataverse Users Community
Hi,

It sounds like we need to revisit https://github.com/IQSS/dataverse/issues/7895

In this issue I read the initial report about a save being attempted and the validation messages being displayed upon pressing enter, but it appears that's not the case based on a comment later in the thread. In any case I've confirmed the behavior that you describe on demo.dataverse.org, and this is certainly an issue. I'll create a new issue on this to make it more clear.

Thanks,

Danny
সকলকে উত্তর দিন
লেখককে লিখে পাঠান