Curious about - Users of dataverse-client-r

Reid Boehm

Jun 2, 2020, 10:53:59 AM6/2/20
to Dataverse Users Community
Hi Dataverse Users Community,

I am a part of the Texas Data Repository Steering Committee and we've been looking at the IQSS dataverse-client-r recently, in continuing to find new ways to engage researchers with the TDR.
I've noticed some posts on the R - integration in the past and was curious to hear about other folks that are using this with their Dataverse instance.

Have you all had individuals adopt this client for use with your instance of dataverse?
Any experiences and thoughts from you all would be great!

Thanks!
Sincerely,

Reid

Reid I. Boehm, PhD

Pronouns: she/hers

Research Data Management Librarian

University of Houston

A Carnegie-designated Tier One public research university

713-743-5291rib...@uh.edu

Sebastian Karcher

Jun 2, 2020, 11:35:33 AM6/2/20
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Hi Reid,

We've automated a number of our curation steps and other common things we do, including interaction with a github issue curation tracker and our DV instance, using the dataverse-R client in a custom R-package
The package currently has some QDR-specifics hard-coded, but it'd be pretty easy to customize. That's obviously not researcher focussed, but I think it's pretty cool ;)

Happy to talk to people interested in this.
Sebastian

Sebastian Karcher, PhD
www.sebastiankarcher.com

Reid Boehm

Jun 2, 2020, 12:09:56 PM6/2/20
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Sebastian!
This is great to hear about - I'll take a look and share with our team too.
All the best,

Reid

Reid I. Boehm, PhD

Research Data Management Librarian

University Libraries

University of Houston

A Carnegie-designated Tier One public research university

713-743-5291rib...@uh.edu

ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-5474-0253

Pronouns: she/hers

Reid Boehm

Jun 2, 2020, 6:51:27 PM6/2/20
to Dataverse Users Community
Just reposting my thank you - I'm still a little naive about Google groups posting sometimes!
Appreciate this information!

Reid

Sebastian Karcher, PhD
www.sebastiankarcher.com