DVN and handle.net

ofu...@gmail.com

May 29, 2014, 6:09:14 PM5/29/14
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I have installed handle sever from handle.net for our DVN. Executed the following SQL commands:
  •  insert into handleprefix (prefix) values( 'our HANDLE.NET prefix here');
  •  update vdcnetwork set handleregistration=true, authority='our HANDLE.NET prefix>';
Our Prefix has been updated with Handle.net.  Handle.net can successfully reach our server now.

All new submissions in our DVN are assigned a handle (i.e. "our prefix/371").

Started ./hdl-server /path-to-dvn-handle-directory and config.dct is ok

The handles are not resolving and  I receive the following error message whenever I start the server:

"2014-05-28 01:08:45.524+0200" 50 unspecified max_handlers count, using default: 200

Is there any other thing I have not done or left out?

Regards
Ofuuzo

ofu...@gmail.com

Jun 2, 2014, 9:32:31 AM6/2/14
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Hei,
Reframing my question.  Is there anywhere I have to edit the config.dct file to include (if it exists) dataverse handle plugin?

Thanks in advance.

Ofuuzo

Condon, Kevin

Jun 2, 2014, 5:56:30 PM6/2/14
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com

Hi Ofuuzo,

Dataverse will generate an id with whatever authority you name whether or not handle server is functioning. If your handle server is installed and properly configured, homed, and your authority registered with Handle.net, make sure these jvm options in your glassfish domain.xml file are properly configured:

To enable the optional HANDLE.NET installation and provide access to
study ID registration, add the following (see the “Handles System”
section in the “Optional Components” for
details):
-Ddvn.handle.baseUrl=<-Dataverse Network host URL>/dvn/study?globalId=hdl:
-Ddvn.handle.auth=<authority>
-Ddvn.handle.admcredfile=/hs/svr_1/admpriv.bin

You may want to contact the support folks at handle.net to verify your handle server configuration. Can you manually create a handle using their tool and have it resolve against your handle server? That way dataverse is not part of the picture.
 So, 1. Does the id exist in your local handle server database and 2. Does handle.net resolve this id against your local handle server.

Regards,

Kevin