Need Syntax for Updating JVM options for bagit

Sherry Lake

Jun 17, 2024, 11:10:22 AMJun 17
to Dataverse Users Community
Good morning,

UVa upgraded to V6.2 last week and now I need to update our bagit customizations (I think....).

According to the V6.2 documentation bagit metadata (name/address/email) is now customized in domain.xml with new JVM options.

First question - we have these customized in Bundle.properties, but can I assume that those will no longer work and we must put them domain.xml?

What is the syntax for the asadmin command to add them to domain.xml?

Thanks,
Sherry Lake
UVA Dataverse - LibraData

James Myers

Jun 17, 2024, 11:50:46 AMJun 17
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com

Sherry,

Yes – looking at the code, there’s no backward compatibility to keep using the Bundle.properties entries. The code to add these (and any JVM/microprofile entries) via asadmin is of the form shown in https://guides.dataverse.org/en/latest/installation/config.html#jvm-options :

bin/asadmin create-jvm-options  -Ddataverse.bagit.sourceorg.name=<Org name>

(Quotes are needed if your value has any characters that would be interpreted by your shell.)

You’ll need to restart Payara for the new settings to go into effect.

-- Jim