CoreTrustSeal Certification

Thu-Mai Christian

Mar 2, 2018, 10:31:00 AM3/2/18
to Dataverse Users Community
The Odum Institute is in the process of preparing our application for the CoreTrustSeal Certification.  We just discovered that there is now a 1,000 Euro administration fee for applications.  There is a -25% volume discount for " for umbrella organizations certifying ten (10) or more data repositories."  Perhaps this is something the Dataverse Community might consider?

Sebastian Karcher

Mar 2, 2018, 10:44:05 AM3/2/18
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
I haven't run this by my directors, but even without that I think it's save to say we'd definitely be in on that.

On Fri, Mar 2, 2018 at 10:31 AM, Thu-Mai Christian <tlchr...@gmail.com> wrote:
The Odum Institute is in the process of preparing our application for the CoreTrustSeal Certification.  We just discovered that there is now a 1,000 Euro administration fee for applications.  There is a -25% volume discount for " for umbrella organizations certifying ten (10) or more data repositories."  Perhaps this is something the Dataverse Community might consider?

Sebastian Karcher, PhD
www.sebastiankarcher.com

Courtney Mumma

Mar 2, 2018, 10:44:07 AM3/2/18
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Hello --

Our Texas Data Repository liaisons have been asking about certification, so we are interested in a discussion about this. Perhaps it could be a topic for the next Community call? Or we could set up a call specifically to discuss this?

Thank you for bringing this up.

Kindly,
Courtney Mumma, Texas Digital LIbrary

Mercè Crosas

Philipp at UiT

Steven McEachern

Mar 4, 2018, 4:28:29 AM3/4/18
to Dataverse Users Community
Hi everyone,

We’ve just completed the certification for ADA - would be happy to share our experiences.

Cheers
Steve

Philipp at UiT

Mar 4, 2018, 1:13:49 PM3/4/18
to Dataverse Users Community
We would appreciate to hear about your experiences, Steve!
In general, I think I would be a good idea to harmonize our answers to questions concerning the technical aspects of Dataverse, as they probably apply for all installations?

Philipp

Grant Hurley

Mar 21, 2018, 2:21:00 PM3/21/18
to Dataverse Users Community
Ditto regarding interest from us here at Scholars Portal in the potential CoreTrustSeal bulk discount collaboration. I'm also in the favour of working together on responses - good idea!

Best,

Grant

Sonia Barbosa

Mar 21, 2018, 3:00:23 PM3/21/18
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
NTU would like to be involved in out discussions as well~~

Hello everyone~

Message has been deleted