Integration in dataverse.harvard.edu

Fernando Gonzalez

Feb 7, 2017, 11:50:08 AM2/7/17
to Dataverse Users Community
Hello everybody

We are setting up a local dataverse (v4,6), and we want to know if it is possible to add our local dataverse in dataverse.harvard.edu, so that you can find our datasets-dataverses-files in hardvard repository

Thank you very much

Regards

danny...@g.harvard.edu

Feb 7, 2017, 12:04:03 PM2/7/17
to Dataverse Users Community
Hi Fernando - it's great to hear that you're setting up a Dataverse installation! If your installation is not yet on the map at dataverse.org, we'd love to learn more about your organization so that we can add you!

Now, to your question:

dataverse.harvard.edu integrates with other Dataverse Installations through metadata harvesting using OAI-PMH. This allows the data itself to live in one repository (your installation in this case) while the metadata is made available for searching and browsing in another installation (dataverse.harvard.edu in this case).

For instructions on how to set up a Harvesting server, which will allow other installations to Harvest datasets from you, follow the steps here:

http://guides.dataverse.org/en/latest/admin/harvestserver.html

If you want to Harvest from other installations, including dataverse.harvard.edu, you could set up Harvesting Clients by following these steps:

We're happy to have you as a part of the Dataverse Community! Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Danny

Philip Durbin

Feb 7, 2017, 12:56:02 PM2/7/17
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
To build on what Danny is saying, if you would like your installation of Dataverse to be added to the "List of Dataverse installation OAI-PMH (Harvesting) URLs" spreadsheet* mentioned in this thread, please let us know: https://groups.google.com/d/msg/dataverse-community/fqyVxWZSDRA/Diw8qjKoBwAJ

That is to say, once you let the community know the URL to use to harvest from your installation of Dataverse, other installations such as the Harvard Dataverse and others can harvest from you.

Phil

* https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12cxymvXCqP_kCsLKXQD32go79HBWZ1vU_tdG4kvP5S8/edit?usp=sharing

Fernando Gonzalez

Feb 8, 2017, 6:29:48 AM2/8/17
to Dataverse Users Community
Danny, Philip, thank you very much.

Our institution (Consorcio Madroño) is a Consortia from Madrid Region composed by six public universities:

UAH - Universidad de Alcalá (/uah.es)

UAM - Universidad Autónoma de Madrid (uam.es)

UC3M - Universidad Carlos III de Madrid (uc3m.es)

UNED - Universidad Nacional de Educación a Distancia (uned.es)

UPM - Universidad Politécnica de Madrid (upm.es)

URJC - Universidad Rey Juan Carlos (urjc.es)

Recently we has installed a Dataverse Repository called e-cienciaDatos, integrated in a web portal called InvestigaM (http://investigam.es/), that have 3 sections:

- e-cienciaDatos: a Data Repository (Dataverse)   (https://edatos.consorciomadrono.es/)

- PaGoDa: a web portal with a web app for Data Management Plan based on dmponline (PGDonline) (http://pgd.consorciomadrono.es/)

- e-ciencia: a publications Repository (http://www.madrimasd.org/madrid-ciencia-tecnologia/e-ciencia)