2018-09-11 Dataverse Community Call
* Community Questions
* Danny Brooke (IQSS)
* Pete Meyer (HMS)
* Phil Durbin (IQSS)
* Gustavo Durand (IQSS)
* James Doiron (University of Alberta)
* Piyapong Charoenwattana (University of Alberta)
* Slava Tykhonov (DANS)
* Paul Boon (DANS)
* Amber Leahey (SP)
* Peter Kiraly (Goettingen U)
* Jim Myers (QDR, TDL)
* Sherry Lake (UVA)
* Julian Gautier (IQSS)
* (Danny) Optional file PIDs pull request has been merged
* Will go out in next release, perhaps 4.9.3 instead of 4.10.
* Large File Upload
* Will be 4.10
* Community Questions
* (Amber) Large file upload and download. Larger than 2 GB. Just received a grant.
* (Pete) There is still movement on large file upload and download. Dual mode is the first step toward bringing big data support to the wider community. However, files cannot be restricted.
* (Amber) John Crabtree is working on something related (TRSA). Separate call to discuss large file upload and download.
* (Jim) TDL has been able to upload up to ~5GB. I've developed a separate file uploader[a][b][c][d][e].
* (Danny) Will follow up with setting up a meeting for big data
* (Amber) Internationalization. Community effort.
* (Slava) Question about bundle files for translation. After an upgrade, someone should maintain the bundles, adding the new entries.
* (Amber) I'm not sure all the details have been figured out yet. We need to figure out the workflow.
* (Slava) What about different versions of French? France vs. Canada.
* (Slava) French version from Paris https://github.com/IQSS/dataverse-docker/blob/master/dataversedock/lang.properties/Bundle_fr_original.properties
* (Phil) We could dust off https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/dataverse-internationalization-wg
* * (Slava) Installation script. It was longer before. Now installation isn't working.
* (Danny) We did some work over the summer with a group from RedHat ( https://github.com/IQSS/dataverse/issues/4764
) and we are currently revising these changes ( https://github.com/IQSS/dataverse/issues/4966
). Please leave details about problems in #4966.
* (Slava) The new version of Solr isn't working for us. Solr 7.
* (Danny) Please open a GitHub issue for this.
* (James) Dataset Search was released by Google. Make Data Count support is coming in the future. Is there more information coming about metrics?
* (Danny) We need to revisit metrics as a community exercise. We'll be talking to the Make Data Count folks soon. We were recently awarded a grant from the Sloan Foundation and a blog post is coming.
* (Amber) There have been a number of attempts to bring more metrics to the users using tools that query the database directly.
* Miniverse (Harvard)
* (Sherry) I've been talking to the Center for Open Science and looking for ways to get the OSF working and working better.
* (Phil) "isullivan" showed up in chat yesterday: http://irclog.iq.harvard.edu/dataverse/2018-09-10#i_72194
* Yes, Ian Sullivan from OSF.
[a]Is this on GitHub?
[b]At TDL right now - will get it out. It's a separate app.
[c]Ok, thanks. Great to hear it will be open source!
[e]FWIW - I hope to extend it to read the export Bags back in with metadata...