"Return to the dataverse" fail on geoconnect

Michel Bamouni

Jan 18, 2018, 9:00:33 AM1/18/18
to Dataverse Users Community
Hi,

After setup my own geoconnect, I upload zip and I get the "Map Data" button.
When I click on "Map Data" and mapping data to worldMap succes, I go can go back to my dataverse.
But when "Visualize data on worlmap " fail, and I click on "Return to the Dataverse", I am redirected to "localhost:8080".
How can resolve this problem?

Best regards,

Michel

Heppler, Michael

Jan 18, 2018, 9:54:47 AM1/18/18
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Michel,

While I have not been able to find any known bugs related to this issue you describe, I was able to find that our 4.6.2 release contained a great number of improvements and bug fixes related to Geoconnect. In your last email, you mentioned your installation is running 4.5.1, which could be a reason you're seeing this bug.

I will try to look in more detail at the redirect code to see if there is something else I might be missing.

Mike

Michael Heppler
User Interface Designer + Developer
Institute for Quantitative Social Science
Harvard University
1737 Cambridge Street, Rm K333
Cambridge, MA 02138
617-496-2450
www.iq.harvard.edu

Michel Bamouni

Jan 18, 2018, 10:15:45 AM1/18/18
to Dataverse Users Community
Hi Mickael,

Thanks for answer. If the is a file in geoconnect that I may change to have the good redirection, I will take it.
Michel

On Thu, Jan 18, 2018 at 9:00 AM, Michel Bamouni <olimi...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

After setup my own geoconnect, I upload zip and I get the "Map Data" button.
When I click on "Map Data" and mapping data to worldMap succes, I go can go back to my dataverse.
But when "Visualize data on worlmap " fail, and I click on "Return to the Dataverse", I am redirected to "localhost:8080".
How can resolve this problem?

Best regards,

Michel

danny...@g.harvard.edu

Jan 18, 2018, 12:07:41 PM1/18/18
to Dataverse Users Community
Hi Michel,

Your best bet here would be upgrading to 4.6.2 or a more recent version. If you're unable or unwilling to upgrade and are looking at cherry picking changes, I'd suggest looking at a diff of the two releases in Github to try and determine the relevant changes to files.

Thanks,

Danny

Michel Bamouni

Jan 19, 2018, 10:18:19 AM1/19/18
to Dataverse Users Community
Hi Danny,

We don't plan to upgrade our dataverse. So what I want is : there is a file in geoconnect that I change change to tell him to return weel to dataverse and not http://localhost:8080?.
I ask this because in geoconnect files, the are a lot of DATAVERSE_URL=127.0.0.1 in python scripts.

Best regards,

Michel

danny...@g.harvard.edu

Jan 22, 2018, 4:59:22 PM1/22/18
to Dataverse Users Community
Hi Michel, it would be challenging for us to investigate and isolate the specific changes that would help you in this situation. My recommendation is to upgrade, as we spent a lot of time in this area in the 4.6.2 release, and if you're planning on heavily using GeoConnect, you will find a lot of new features (in addition to likely fixing this specific issue).