When did the data license change to OGL-variant?

Richard Weait

Mar 25, 2014, 6:27:24 PM3/25/14
to dat...@googlegroups.com
City of Toronto Open Data was published under a custom license v1 and then v2, but is now listed as a variant of the Open Government License.  The license page says

Updated: Aug 19, 2013

Is that when the current license was applied to Toronto Data?

Reham Gorgis-Youssef

Mar 27, 2014, 3:29:03 PM3/27/14
to dat...@googlegroups.com
Hi Richard,

Yes in August.

Reham.

--

---

Richard Weait

Mar 28, 2014, 9:40:44 AM3/28/14
to dat...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Mar 27, 2014 at 3:29 PM, Reham Gorgis-Youssef <rgor...@toronto.ca> wrote:

> Hi Richard,
>
> Yes [a variant of the Open Government License was applied to Toronto data] in August.
>
> Reham.

Cool. I didn't see that announced anywhere.

Was the Toronto license change to Open Government License-variant part of a coordinated effort of multiple municipalities, or an independent action?

Best regards,

Richard

Reham Gorgis-Youssef

Mar 28, 2014, 10:30:13 AM3/28/14
to rwe...@gmail.com, dat...@googlegroups.com, Keith McDonald
Good question Richard. I was off the whole year of 2013, so i wasn't actually part of that change. I have cc'd the Open Data Lead for Toronto now (Keith), Trish has departed the team since Feb of this year.

Keith, would you like to weight in on Richard's question.

Thanks,
Reham.

>>> Richard Weait 03/28/14 9:40 AM >>>

McDonald Keith

Feb 19, 2015, 1:01:45 PM2/19/15
to dat...@googlegroups.com, rwe...@gmail.com, KMCD...@toronto.ca
Richard ... also see my direct mail to you as well but wanted to close this loop here ... sorry to have not seen this to respond ages ago!!!! In short it was a collaborative initiative with Feds, Provinces and cities. Not all have adopted it yet but we (City of Toronto) did as noted.

Keith